Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Pittsburg High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsburg, TX. It has 664 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Pittsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C112 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+76 Students
- B73 Students
- A62 Students
- B58 Students
- B54 Students
- B51 Students
- B+49 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Pittsburg High School
- BMount Pleasant High School
- Mount Pleasant Independent School District, TX
- 160 reviews
- C+Daingerfield High School
- Daingerfield-Lone Star Independent School District, TX
- 36 reviews
- B-Union Hill High School
- Union Hill Independent School District, TX
- 17 reviews
- A-Chapel Hill High School
- Chapel Hill Independent School District (Mount Pleasant), TX
- 73 reviews
Pittsburg High School Reviews
From the people to cafeteria food, Pittsburg High School is a pretty nice place to be at. This also includes the warm welcomings one gets by their fellow classmates each day. Truthfully, it may be said that our school is wonderful academically. However, one thing I would change is the restrooms at school because they are pretty nasty if you ask me. With that being said, another thing I would consider changing is the amount of resources that are offered to teachers for educational purposes. This includes new books, science tools, and sufficient amounts of pencils because students are always in need of them. Other than that I feel safe at school and on the academic side, I find it to be challenging just the way it should be.
I like how all the teachers and students are all wonderful and helpful. I just moved to Pittsburg and I’ve never went to a school with such an amazing community. The teachers are wonderful and they love to help students when they’re having problems. What I would like to see change is maybe the building, the school buildings are big but we have to many students for the school it’s self.
I think Pittsburg high school has a very good education system. The teachers teach their curriculum very well, and I feel that I am constantly learning new things. They expect everyone to follow the rules, and there are not any acceptions when you do not. Everyone is treated equally, and we are treated with great respect.