Pittsburg High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsburg, KS. It has 878 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Pittsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+182 Students
- A72 Students
- A52 Students
- B-41 Students
- A35 Students
- C+32 Students
- C+26 Students
- B+23 Students
- C19 Students
- B+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pittsburg High School
- B-Girard High School
- Girard Unified School District, KS
- 21 reviews
- B+Southeast High School
- Cherokee Unified School District, KS
- 13 reviews
- C+Northeast High School
- Northeast Unified School District, KS
- 7 reviews
- A-Carl Junction High School
- Carl Junction R-I School District, MO
- 193 reviews
Pittsburg High School Reviews
I enjoyed Pittsburg Highschool! The teachers and staff are amazing and go above and beyond for their students. Pittsburg highschool has many extra curricular activities. Such as sports, clubs, and much more. They offer many college credit classes as well. Pittsburg Highschool has so much to offer for students. Their honors classes are very good as well! When graduating from Pittsburg, they're are many scholarship opportunities. Also the counselors do there best at getting their junior and senior ready for they future as college students.
Pittsburg High School is currently under heavy construction, so the students and teachers are having to adjust accordingly to the blocked off classrooms and construction zones throughout the building. While this seems hectic, and it is, everyone knows that in the end the school will appreciate the improvements being made. Students, teachers, and staff have all stayed positive throughout this time of change, and although all 900 of us are cramped even more than before, we are staying positive.
I have nearly come to a close with my time at the Pittsburg Community Schools District, and mundane as it may have been, there is much to discuss about the schools themselves. The elementary schools are clean, well-renovated and frequently updated, and always carry a scent of Clorox wipes and Frosted Flakes cereal. The middle school had a change in acronyms in the past decade, from "PMS" to "PCMS" for obvious reasons. The high school is painted in "USD 250 Taupe", as per say my former Gifted teacher, and the commons are walled with horrid 1970's wood paneling. But, alas, many opportunities reside within the concrete and vinyl walls.