Pisgah High School Reviews

Pisgah High school helped me grow as an individual and become the person that I am today. Through their overwhelmingly supportive teachers and administration I was able to be successful. The school does not encourage diversity, but that is not a product of the school or administration mostly of the community as a whole.
Pisgah High School offers a safe place to go to school with small class sizes, and a lot of one on one attention. There is little diversity and resources are limited. Often times resources are sent to larger counties within the state rather than the rural towns such as Canton, NC where Pisgah is located. This makes it difficult for students to learn. Students do not have textbooks at Pisgah High School as there is not enough money in the budget for them
I enjoyed going to school at Pisgah, but there was a wide range for improvement. The classes were good and teachers were good (for the most part). However, if you were an honors student be prepared to be ignored.
Start Your Review of Pisgah High School
Guidance department needs a lot of work. Some administration was not helpful. Not ready for college at all.
I really love the attention and the dedication the teachers have towards the students . Since freshman year I have taken honors classes and I I can definitely tell the difference between a student with motivation and a student who is just there to be there . Overall my experience has been very positive , something would change about the school would be the amount of AP classes we are allowed to take . Since we have less students which intend turns into less classes we have to choose from . I would definitely recommend the school to anyone who is looking to get a very high-quality education .
Attending PHS was...interesting. Its a small school with all same families going there one after another. More funding is needed before this school goes under like the mill.
It was your average mountain high school, too much emphasizes was put on football and not enough of academics. But the advisors and teachers really did care about your success and the importance on sports allowed for social communities to form.
Being a student at Pisgah High School, I have been given many amazing oppertunities. Some of these oppertunities include taking dual inrollment classes, advanced placement classes, and being in as many clubs as I would like. By being a student at Pisgah they really give you the ability to take your future into your own hands!
I enjoy the small town feel that surrounds Pisgah. The school is in a close knit community and the town greatly supports the school. The school has a lot of classes and extra curricula activities to offer and the staff is friendly and ready to help. It is a safe place to be.
In my time at Pisgah High School I had enjoyed it. The teachers are always willing to help even after hours. Being a former athlete I can say they care for sports a lot but not as much as they care about academics.
I'm a rising freshmen but my brother is a senior, and he loved it and plans to attend at Western Carolina University
A lot of the teachers really care about you and your learning experience, however, I wish there was a larger variety of classes I could take. By senior year I was struggling to find electives that interest me and wish there were more business classes. They keep the school clean and I feel safe here, but the discipline could be stricter to keep everyone in line. They also tend to favor athletes and most of the money goes towards those programs.
Not overly involved in any extracurricular clubs or outside of sports participation.
Teachers at Pisgah High are investing in providing a solid education to the students who put forth effort to learn.
Pigs High focuses on a safe environment for students to learn
Pisgah High School is a good school for academics and sports. The schools faculty are helpful and dedicated to the students success.
Pisgah High School is a great high school for the residents of Haywood county. My favorite experience at the school would have to be the football games. This town is a sport based town and it brings the whole community together. Not only to former athletes and coaches come but so do non-athletes. Football brings the town of Canton together as we cheer own our boys of fall. I would do it again if I had the choice to participate in the Friday Night Lights just one more time.
Start Your Review of Pisgah High School
Pisgah High School is a wonderful school. Not only are the classes and clubs fun but the teachers at this school make it a thousand times better. Teacher are extremely engaged in their classes. This makes us students want to be even more engaged. Different techniques are used throughout the classrooms to better help us students learn and comprehend the material. Teachers give every opportunity to students to receive additional help. This time may be before or after school, during SMART lunch, or even during their own personal time and planning period. Grading is consistent with each teacher. Extraordinary pride is given here at Pisgah. Sports, clubs, classes, clubs, you name it. Everyone involved will always give 100% to all reach a certain goal. There is no way I would have wanted to have my high school experience anywhere else. Once a Pisgah Black Bear, always a Pisgah Black Bear.
If you participate in sports there is plenty to choose from.
School nurse travels to several different schools. Not always available.