grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Piscataway Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Piscataway, NJ. It has 2,267 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Piscataway Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A946 Students
- grade B minus403 Students
- grade B342 Students
- grade A minus280 Students
- grade A+261 Students
- grade B+253 Students
- grade B+234 Students
- grade A+216 Students
- grade C+195 Students
- grade A minus192 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 62 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 62 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 259 responses
- Spirit Week15%
- Prom Weekend14%
- Homecoming game11%
- Thanksgiving Football Game8%
- School Musical8%
- Choir Events6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 101 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,410 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 104 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 104 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 104 responses
Schools like Piscataway Township High School
- grade AEdison High School
- Edison Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 295 reviews
- grade B+Colonia High School
- Woodbridge Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 220 reviews
- grade BSayreville War Memorial High School
- Sayreville School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 356 reviews
- grade A minusNorth Brunswick Township High School
- North Brunswick Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 329 reviews
Piscataway Township High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 526 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Piscataway High School offers a diverse student body and a diverse set of facilities and extracurriculars. Though the buildings themselves are less than stellar, there are several AP classes from Lang to Calculus BC to even Music Theory. There are also engineering, biomedical, and art oriented academy programs for entering students. Football and basketball are emphasized the most, but varsity swimming, tennis, and golf are offered too. And PHS wouldn't be complete without the award-winning marching band. As a PHS alumni, I had a great experience in high school and the resources provided there allowed me to attend a top-20 national university. Go Chiefs!
Attending Piscataway High School was one of the best decisions I've ever made, especially coming from Plainfield Public Schools district. The school is so big and diverse, I've never seen anything like it! Piscataway's sports teams are phenomenal, as well as their academics. I've learned so much in just one year of attending the school, and I honestly wish I chose to go there sooner. They have endless clubs and activities for students to join, and the staff really care about the children. I really love this school, and would recommend anyone thinking about sending their child here to do so.
When I went to Piscataway high it a was good experience. I graduated class of 2018 and they put me on the path to be able to attend Lynn University today. I was an athlete, most of the sports are good with fun coaches to be around. Teachers are fairly professional in keeping an orderly conduct during an unruly class. The overall school was a good place to attend, would I go back? No because I am happier where I am now!