Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School Reviews

Incredibly entertaining, and feels like home after a short time, staff are incredible. Academics are lacking but arts are shining.
My experience at this school was amazing in middle school. It's very inclusive and you learn a lot academically and morally. Plus if you are interested in the arts whether it be dance, visual art, music, acting, tech, etc, it is a really good school. Even if you don't know much about the arts, the school has a system that will help you decide what art you can pursue. It is a bit different in high school though. All the regular high school drama and such but less of the ideal high school experience. There is no Homecoming, no sports except for soccer and ultimate frisbee, and the school is not that funded. But the experience is worth while even if you do feel like you hate your life in the moment!
PVPA is truly a special place. I always have felt accepted to be 100% myself. This place is a family, we cry and hug at the end of the year, we laugh and applaud at our weekly open mics, we smile and speak in our classes. This place is truly extraordinary.
Start Your Review of Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
It was great!...and it’s more like a family they just don’t treat you like a student they pay attention when it’s needed. The teachers are great the performances and art classes dancing classes are awesome the shows the sofa team is amazing I cannot ask for a better school to graduate from high school.
I love the arts and the inclusion of them in school work and opportunities we get to perform through school. I hate how our school does not pay our teachers enough so they leave and the school made a funding cut to the theatre program.
there is absolutely no bullying, it's so insanely accepting and made me want to go to school. I could learn arts, but also excel in othe classes, such as math, I was in algebra in 7th grade! They have such things as "Scholar Projects" that keep your child occupied if there is ever a time where they have already learned the curriculum. This place has made me so happy and helped me find my love of psychologygy and theater. You might leave PVPA, but PVPA never leaves you. PVPA has such a loving environment, people hug instead of shake hands. This is turly a community. No, a family.
I think the most noticable difference I see in PVPA from other schools is the way both students and teachers respect eachother.
PVPA is a very diverse environment, and instills a knowledge of social justice into every student. The arts-based education prepares students for thinking creatively and finding unique solutions to everyday problems. The faculty really does care about the students so much, and wants to see them succeed. The school has only relatively small issues that don't take away from it's better qualities. There is not an official college counselor for graduating seniors which would be beneficial if changed, but it does not in any way prevent seniors from moving forward.
PVPA is a great school for those interested in the arts but still care about academics as well, their standard based grading system really allows for academic growth.
I have gone to PVPA since I was in 8th grade and am currently a senior. The environment is one unlike any other school. People are so incredibly accepting, and the teachers genuinly care. We have real relationships with our teachers which makes the learning environment safe and welcoming. Its easy to go to teachers to ask for extension or extra help. It is just such an amazing school and I feel so lucky to be there. The food is terrible and there are no sports. however they order pizza from a local pizza place everyday, and there are microwaves.
Arts are (obviously) very good. Wish there were more healthy food options in the vending machines, also wish the Ultimate program had been a little stronger. Has been some issues with the administration the past few years but overall it's a great place
I really enjoyed my time there. I graduated in 2015, and have kept in touch with my close friends from there. I'm incredibly grateful because had I gone to another school in the area, I would have no doubt been at minimum an outcast or forced into a corner with all the other students like me (performing arts students), and at maximum bullied recklessly by the sports-focused world of most schools in the United States. Instead I got to go to a school made up entirely of those people in the drama department at a normal school.
This is not a good review but it is the truth.From the first week of 7th grade the talk was about transgender, being gender fluid,bisexual, pangender etc. This school dwells on a persons sexuality. This is a big topic all year. I swear that school brainwashes these young children into being confused about their sexuality. They have walkouts. If a child does not go then the other children single them out and bully them. This is a fact.There is not a lot of respect for the teachers. The big statement is "I feel threatened or intimidated by your words". This is not what I expected the school to be like. It's a Performing Arts School not a circus.There are some good teachers. I do know for a fact that when they have had walkouts a few of the faculty members did not want to go and were forced to by superiors.
PVPA is great for students who need smaller classes and are interested in the arts. The teachers are very understanding and are overall great humans. In the past two years though there has been a shift and change in power so time will tell if the school will adjust properly and give students support that was lacking before the change. Students are involved in so much of the school, this includes school groups fundraising to do things they are passionate about. It's a good school if your student is involved in the arts or they will not get far as the requirements for graduating are long because of the classes in the major needed to be taking. The school day is unusual as students from 50+ towns come to PVPA.
Overall I had a great five years at PVPA. They make your education and the arts a priority. As well as making sure everyone is included and comfortable
loved it. would do it again
I absolutely loved this school. While some teachers are better than others, overall I felt I got a very high quality education.
Start Your Review of Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
The school has several different extra-curricular activities ranging from Ultimate Frisbee to Catalyst Dance Company. There are always opportunities for students to get involved. There are three different dance companies, all with different concentrations of dance. There are five sports teams; girls Ultimate, boys ultimate, Varsity Soccer, JV soccer, and JV Ultimate. There are also many different shows for people to get involved in, and every art is incorporated. Visual Artists make the scenes, and run back stage, dancers choreograph, actors act, and singers are often incorporated into the musicals. The students love the availability of the clubs and the administration is always very supportive of the activities.
If I were to do it all over, I would without a doubt attend PVPA. PVPA is a school that incorporates the arts and creates a safe learning environment for all the students. Its allows students to experiment in different forms of art and offers many platforms to present the art.
Each teacher has a unique teaching style directed to a specific learning style. The problem with that is, if a student does not take well to lectures, for example, then they have to seek extra help. Overall, the teachers are very informed and can thoroughly teach every part of their lesson plans. Most teachers can find a way to make learning more interactive and engaging for the students. All teachers do a wonderful job or incorporating the arts into the curriculum. Most teachers make themselves available for extra help, and are very approachable. I have no problem going to any of my teachers and asking clarifying questions or for extra help.