Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School is an above average, public, charter school located in South Hadley, MA. It has 400 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A60 Students
- A+29 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+19 Students
- C+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- A-17 Students
- C+17 Students
- A17 Students
- B17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
- BHampden Charter School of Science
- Public School
- Chicopee, MA
- 59 reviews
- C+SABIS International Charter School
- Public School
- Springfield, MA
- 112 reviews
- B-Westfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 205 reviews
- BEasthampton High School
- Easthampton Public Schools, MA
- 134 reviews
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School Reviews
My experience at this school was amazing in middle school. It's very inclusive and you learn a lot academically and morally. Plus if you are interested in the arts whether it be dance, visual art, music, acting, tech, etc, it is a really good school. Even if you don't know much about the arts, the school has a system that will help you decide what art you can pursue. It is a bit different in high school though. All the regular high school drama and such but less of the ideal high school experience. There is no Homecoming, no sports except for soccer and ultimate frisbee, and the school is not that funded. But the experience is worth while even if you do feel like you hate your life in the moment!
there is absolutely no bullying, it's so insanely accepting and made me want to go to school. I could learn arts, but also excel in othe classes, such as math, I was in algebra in 7th grade! They have such things as "Scholar Projects" that keep your child occupied if there is ever a time where they have already learned the curriculum. This place has made me so happy and helped me find my love of psychologygy and theater. You might leave PVPA, but PVPA never leaves you. PVPA has such a loving environment, people hug instead of shake hands. This is turly a community. No, a family.
PVPA is a very diverse environment, and instills a knowledge of social justice into every student. The arts-based education prepares students for thinking creatively and finding unique solutions to everyday problems. The faculty really does care about the students so much, and wants to see them succeed. The school has only relatively small issues that don't take away from it's better qualities. There is not an official college counselor for graduating seniors which would be beneficial if changed, but it does not in any way prevent seniors from moving forward.