Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School is an above average, public, charter school located in South Hadley, MA. It has 398 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A53 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-21 Students
- B+17 Students
- C+17 Students
- B17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+14 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
- B-Hampden Charter School of Science
- Public School
- Chicopee, MA
- 49 reviews
- B-SABIS International Charter School
- Public School
- Springfield, MA
- 101 reviews
- BWestfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 199 reviews
- BEasthampton High School
- Easthampton Public Schools, MA
- 129 reviews
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School Reviews
there is absolutely no bullying, it's so insanely accepting and made me want to go to school. I could learn arts, but also excel in othe classes, such as math, I was in algebra in 7th grade! They have such things as "Scholar Projects" that keep your child occupied if there is ever a time where they have already learned the curriculum. This place has made me so happy and helped me find my love of psychologygy and theater. You might leave PVPA, but PVPA never leaves you. PVPA has such a loving environment, people hug instead of shake hands. This is turly a community. No, a family.
PVPA is a very diverse environment, and instills a knowledge of social justice into every student. The arts-based education prepares students for thinking creatively and finding unique solutions to everyday problems. The faculty really does care about the students so much, and wants to see them succeed. The school has only relatively small issues that don't take away from it's better qualities. There is not an official college counselor for graduating seniors which would be beneficial if changed, but it does not in any way prevent seniors from moving forward.
I have gone to PVPA since I was in 8th grade and am currently a senior. The environment is one unlike any other school. People are so incredibly accepting, and the teachers genuinly care. We have real relationships with our teachers which makes the learning environment safe and welcoming. Its easy to go to teachers to ask for extension or extra help. It is just such an amazing school and I feel so lucky to be there. The food is terrible and there are no sports. however they order pizza from a local pizza place everyday, and there are microwaves.