Pioneer Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Yorkshire, NY. It has 716 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Pioneer Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B27 Students
- A21 Students
- C+18 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Pioneer Senior High School
- BGriffith Institute High School
- Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District, NY
- 92 reviews
- CWest Valley Central School
- West Valley Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 37 reviews
- C+Franklinville Junior/Senior High School
- Franklinville Central School District, NY
- 80 reviews
- B-Holland Junior/Senior High School
- Holland Central School District, NY
- 70 reviews
Pioneer Senior High School Reviews
Pioneer is part of a 4-school district that covers quite a lot of surface area around several small towns. It's quite rural and not very diverse, but it certainly has its merits. For those interested in farming, there are classes offered to directly suit those needs and even has a small barn on campus for extra experiential learning. There are several grass soccer fields and a nice turf field for the football team. Since I've left, they've totally refurbished the science labs and renovated the music suites. The music department throughout the entire district was phenomenal. Chorus is offered from 3rd grade up, band and orchestra from 5th grade up. The high school performs a musical every year which is always excellent, with students and community members alike welcome to perform in the pit orchestra. There are also quite a good variety of classes provided, including a decent selection of AP courses offered for potential college credit.
Pioneer Senior High School is a small town high school with each year's graduating class having just short of about two hundred students. The feeling of community is strong; teachers, faculty, and students know each other by name and are willing to offer help or guidance regarding any subject matter. The population at PCHS is accepting to all genders, race, and identities but can only benefit further by discussing and understanding more about them.
Pioneer Senior High School has been quite a ride from the beginning to the end. I've made some of my best friends being involved with the school and the various clubs it has to offer. The school treats everyone as an equal, and the teachers are personal and care about their students very much. The only downside is that the school doesn't have a lot of diversity, however the diversity that is present in the school is well appreciated, and very well respected.