Pioneer High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+251 Students
- A+131 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+45 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 88 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Pioneer High School Reviews
Review Pioneer High School
A lot of clubs are great on paper, but don't come through. Interact club and Red Cross club have many dedicated and authentic people who strive to achieve goals in order to help others. Some people take advantage of these clubs and make it very fake (especially NHS) because they simply want a college app builder. Music is fun and hold high expectation with a great reputation. Theater follows the same. Athletics depends on the sport. For instance field hockey and locrosse and football get much praise for their accomplishment but our outstanding water polo, track, and rowing team don't get much recognition. It would make the experience much more enjoyable if people supoprted those who work so hard and give our school any good reputation we do have. Same goes with the support of our acrdemic leaders in the classroom and preformers.
I love my orchestra, it really is what I have come to appreciate the most in my school. The community, the memories, everything. I have found a niche within it. And from what I have seen ad heard from all the other clubs, that's pretty much the consensus. A lot of them are hard to get into, like the symphony orchestra/band and varsity sports, but there are plenty of things that a lot of students get involved in that reflect their talents are there interests. It's a big school, and if these things were handled carelessly, then it would be a pretty monotonous experience. However, the embracing of our diversity is reflected within our outstanding activities.
I thought Pioneer all in all was a good fit for me. I had some really good teachers my junior and senior years. However, the teachers for my freshman and sophomore classes were not on par. I was also involved in sports and music, and both of those atmospheres were amazing. The sports community is full of friendly competition and determination, while the music program is way beyond what you'd normally see at a public high school.