Pinson Valley High School is a public school located in Pinson, AL. It has 1,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Pinson Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A169 Students
- A113 Students
- B81 Students
- B76 Students
- B67 Students
- C65 Students
- A64 Students
- A-46 Students
- B+42 Students
- C40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Pinson Valley High School Reviews
Through my years at the high school, I’ve seen so many people become great leaders and most importantly a diverse group! Everyday I️ experience teachers who help you become a better student and always give you opportunities to be better!
I came from another district that i loved and this does not compare. I do have A's and B's but did not need to take a full load of classes. So i take three classes a day and then go to work. The Band is below par, you don't get all the information you need upfront, a lot of the teachers are split between us and the middle school. Councelors are pretty good. Football is great, a winning team. But they also have toshare with the middle school. Glad to be graduating this year. Otherwise it'dbe pretty boring.
Pinson Valley has changed my life in so many ways. I've had some of the best and hardest times, but wouldn't change any of those moments because they have shaped me into the woman I am today. Pinson Valley has so many academic opportunities to really try and discover what I want to pursue in college. I'm so thankful for all the staff that have put in the continuous hours and hard work to help me get to where I am today. Pinson Valley has been and always will be my home.