Pinson Valley High School is a public school located in Pinson, AL. It has 1,072 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 16% in reading.
Pinson Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A188 Students
- A124 Students
- B95 Students
- B85 Students
- C+75 Students
- B74 Students
- A70 Students
- B+51 Students
- A-49 Students
- C+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Pinson Valley High School Reviews
Attending Pinson Valley High School was an amazing experience! Within my four years, this school has helped me evolved into the person I am today. As a freshman, I entered high school shy and timid. I would have the tendency to believe participating in extracurricular activities (except for sports) were lame, and were not the activities "everybody" was doing. By the start of my sophomore year, with the help of my teachers, administrators, and friends, I learned how to become a leader, and not to be what everyone was, but to be myself, and go the path that God purposefully placed me in. By the end of my senior year, I participated in my school's theater department, Dual-Enrollment Program, cheer team (as mascot), and SkillsUSA progam (as President from 10th grade - 12th grade) earning multiple awards and honors.
Attending Pinson Valley High School taught me to make the best out of situations. Comparing my previous school to Pinson made me realize that there has to be a change in Jefferson County School Systems. There are the basic ----- at Pinson Valley such as: primary sports, Honor Societies and certain clubs that are common( chess, key club, math club, etc...) but it lacks motivation in some areas as well as freedom for students to go beyond what they have imagined. Although, Pinson Valley cannot do much about the lack of funds it has, the things I would like to see change in is the persistence teachers should have, the power students should have to use their imagination to go beyond ordinary school rules and more opportunities for the community to come together.
Through my years at the high school, I’ve seen so many people become great leaders and most importantly a diverse group! Everyday I️ experience teachers who help you become a better student and always give you opportunities to be better!