Pinson Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A152 Students
- A101 Students
- B66 Students
- B66 Students
- A57 Students
- C57 Students
- B51 Students
- A-46 Students
- B+34 Students
- C33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Pinson Valley High School Reviews
Review Pinson Valley High School
Pinson Valley High School is the type of place where you can find your best friend but you will find it hard to get a decent education. Many of the classes are taught by teachers that have never taught that subject in their life or coaches who dont teach at all. Given, there are those teachers who are phenomenal at their job and who actually care what happens to you after high school, but they are few and far between and many times they have left to get a better job somewhere else. The social life here is great though. Many of the people here are nice and accepting. You just have to know where to look.
I liked the school spirit, and administration involvement. Teachers were an issue. We changed teachers every year. The school needs to focus less on sports, and give appreciation to the fine arts department as well. The teachers should be on one accord with the students and care more about their progression.
PVHS has come a long way in preparing students for college and the workforce. However, I do wish the curriculum was more diverse especially in foreign languages and sciences. Also they have had a very high turnover of teachers for the past 5-6 years which is stressful for students and parents. They do try to foster a sense of community and there is a big emphasis on going to on higher education. I would recommend this school but with reservations.