Pinewood School - Upper Campus Reviews

Pinewood is completely safe. I can leave my iPad at school and still find it a month later! In addition, the students at Pinewood are nice and don't make anyone feel threatened. People are always willing to help out!
really safe school and neighborhood, no physical bullying but some verbal
Lot of variety for small school
Start Your Review of Pinewood School - Upper Campus
hard, small school, bad at catching cheating, many teachers still really try to help students
Depends on the teacher, large variety of teaching styles and success in teaching styles
Theatre is super fun here!
I love this school. I can't see myself anywhere else and, though I am excited to graduate, I will definitely miss the Pinewood family.
I love my teacher! 99% of them really seem to understand me and treat my ideas with respect. I love how teachers just facilitate discussions instead of lead them.
The facilities at Pinewood are great, but they could be better. they do not own the land, but lease it from a local school district. Most of the buildings were built in the 50s and are showing their age, but Pinewood does a good job at upkeep and modernizing where they can.
The administration at Pinewood is excellent. They are caring and supportive. There are no silly zero tolerance policies. They work through issues as they happen and work to resolve any negative issues the right way. Communication is great and as a parent, I feel very in the loop.
Basketball is the top sport at Pinewood and our girls team has multiple state championships. Participation in sports is very good and everyone supports our teams.
It is hard to quantify the caring, accepting and nurturing environment at Pinewood. My son came in the 8th grade from a local public school where he needed to not be himself in order to fit in and not get bullied. At Pinewood, he has come out of his shell and blossomed into the person he wants to be. There is no need to pretend to be something you are not. He is accepted and treated with respect. I say a thinks almost every day for being at Pinewood.
We have yearly fire and lock-down drills and the administration and staff are great at communicating with the students and parents. We feel our boys are very safe and supported at Pinewood. Access to a school counselor for personal issues is wonderful
I feel prepared because I have lots of skills from classes here that will help me through college level classes
we could use more options for curriculum, but the ones available are good
The board makes all the decisions, they are all related, and we have no connection to them at all
There is relatively no bullying especially amomg the older grades
Start Your Review of Pinewood School - Upper Campus
spots, sewing, theatre, robotics, tech theater, art