Pinecrest High School is an above average, public school located in Southern Pines, NC. It has 2,221 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Pinecrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+254 Students
- A+228 Students
- A-169 Students
- B+164 Students
- B+153 Students
- B+143 Students
- B+84 Students
- A+83 Students
- B-83 Students
- B-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Pinecrest High School Reviews
Attending Pinecrest was surely an experience that my classmates and I will remember. Yes, things could have been better in a hundred ways, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. All of my teachers made an effort to be a part of their students' lives, they actually cared. Not only that, but they continuously challenged us. They would teacher more than the curriculum asked for so we were way above prepared for any test. The student body was pretty amazing as well. There are no cliques, no stereotypes. This was a friendly environment that encourages participation everywhere. I know countless people who were in sports, music, and multiple clubs. The academic rigor is stimulating enough, but it also allows for extracurriculars. The school spirit was spectacular ad well! Games for sports at home and away always had the bleachers full of supporting students and parents. I thoroughly enjoyed being taught here, especially since everyone is crazy friendly.
The arts programs have been phenominal, especially theater! The campus can be a little drab or intimidating if you aren't accustomed to it, but we do have a large courtyard and almost everyone has to cross through the outdoors between classes which is refreshing. The quality of the classes one takes really widely varries based on the teacher. A friend of mine has taken honors engilsh classes all four years and has yet to write a single essay. Parts of the school work very well. Parts of the school do not.
I’ve been attending Pinecrest High School for almost two years and i enjoy everything! There’s four 90-minute classes and everyone gets a 25 minute lunch during the 3rd class of the day. The teachers do their best to help you understand and are willing to negotiate extra credit. The kids can be pretty rambunctious but they’re great people. All of our sports teams are doing well and we recently were awarded $50,000 for having the best high school football coach! It’s a great day to be a patriot.