Pinecrest High School is an above average, public school located in Southern Pines, NC. It has 2,221 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Pinecrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+246 Students
- A+222 Students
- A-161 Students
- B+159 Students
- B+146 Students
- B+137 Students
- B+83 Students
- B-82 Students
- A+81 Students
- B-60 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyC
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 86 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Pinecrest High School Reviews
Attending Pinecrest was surely an experience that my classmates and I will remember. Yes, things could have been better in a hundred ways, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. All of my teachers made an effort to be a part of their students' lives, they actually cared. Not only that, but they continuously challenged us. They would teacher more than the curriculum asked for so we were way above prepared for any test. The student body was pretty amazing as well. There are no cliques, no stereotypes. This was a friendly environment that encourages participation everywhere. I know countless people who were in sports, music, and multiple clubs. The academic rigor is stimulating enough, but it also allows for extracurriculars. The school spirit was spectacular ad well! Games for sports at home and away always had the bleachers full of supporting students and parents. I thoroughly enjoyed being taught here, especially since everyone is crazy friendly.
The arts programs have been phenominal, especially theater! The campus can be a little drab or intimidating if you aren't accustomed to it, but we do have a large courtyard and almost everyone has to cross through the outdoors between classes which is refreshing. The quality of the classes one takes really widely varries based on the teacher. A friend of mine has taken honors engilsh classes all four years and has yet to write a single essay. Parts of the school work very well. Parts of the school do not.
I like the variety of courses provided to students and the quality of teachers. I like how the support staff is ready, willing and able to do whatever they need to do to help the students solve or come to a compromise with an issue. The school spirit is one of a kind. Teachers reply to emails within a short period of time; Moore county supplying the schools with Chrome books to work on has been a great addition to any education, being that we are in the technological age. Also, despite the school being very sports oriented and dedicated to all sports, there are multiple clubs that can suit everyone's needs and the school still comes together as one and its like a big extended team/family.