Pinecrest Academy Reviews

Knowing that family and school are aligned in an integral formation makes our job as parents much easier! We see Pinecrest as our ally in the education of our children, truly blessed to have such a wonderful school for our kids.
Our little family has been with Pinecrest since First Grade, almost 8 years ago. We spent a lot of time visiting different schools before our only son was ready for grade school, and ultimately our hearts set on Pinecrest. It is not just the academic that pleased our expectation, but the integral formation (the development of the entire person) was equally crucial. We found a special place for our entire family. The community is strong, and the similar value is unmatched. The support that we have seen provided among families and our protectiveness of our children and their future endeavors are tremendous. Many of our faculty and staff also have or had children attended Pinecrest, so their effort in making Pinecrest the best place is also key. As parents, we cannot but love and want to support our school 100-percent when our child's love for his school is still as strong now as in the beginning. We would definitely encourage you to come and experience Pinecrest!
My husband and I have a large family so we have older children who went all through Pinecrest, as well as current students there- two in the Middle School and one in High School. Pinecrest has delivered consistently on strong Catholic education: rigorous academics, an excellent athletics program, and outstanding fine arts. All this in a beautiful culture that promotes each person's development of character and moral integrity, a deeper relationship with Christ as well as an understanding of having mission and purpose in life- to love and
serve others. Pinecrest Academy has been the perfect fit for our family and has been like a second home for over twenty years! Highly recommend it.
Start Your Review of Pinecrest Academy
Pinecrest has been a wonderful choice for both of our children !
Our son graduated Pinecrest high school and is now a student at Univ South Carolina and our daughter is currently a junior.
Opportunities to play every sport, and join every club are available and encouraged by staff .
Pinecrest develops more than just academics, they develop the whole person, they really create great young Christian leaders.
The community at Pinecrest is like a family, everyone is so dedicated .
The Covid Safety protocol is A+
I believe that the uniforms remove the some of the social pressures and stress our children have these days . The expectation for manners, is held to a high standard. Pinecrest instills great “southern manners” and show young people how to respect adults.
Yes, there is tuition, but if we had it to do over again, we would definitely make the same investment !
Our daughter joined in middle school. The school offers a personalized family feel experience where they truly care about your child and family. Our daughter is academically challenged and thriving. There is a strong sense of values respected by the students. The friendships created are strong and the leadership and exceptional character of the kids shows inside and outside of school. Pinecrest's motto "Always Higher" challenges their students, parents, staff and faculty to strive for excellence - intellectual, spiritual, human and apostolic. This shows through the actions and behaviors of their students, staff and families. Also, Pinecrest assembled an impressive task force of COVID-19 professionals and resources in order to provide safe in person learning. They have done an outstanding job communicating and setting expectations and requirements. This is a partnership between families and the school and we are making it happen. We are proud to be part of the Pinecrest Academy family!
Have been a Pinecrest Family for 20 years and have had 4 children attend. I can't say enough what Pinecrest has done to help educate and form my children. My two oldest children who are about to complete college will often say, "thank you for the sacrifices you made to have us go to Pinecrest". It is comforting and reassuring to know that my adult children have realized the gifts Pinecrest and their parents have given to them.
The campus is large and beautiful. Great education and opportunity for spiritual growth are both offered.
I love the environment at Pinecrest. The students are kind, respectful, and serious. They are eager to grow in their academics and faith. I have taught elsewhere and thought I was in heaven when I came to Pinecrest. It is a great school for teachers who want to teach and see their students grow academically and not just babysit. The administration is very supportive. My children are also here and they adore their teachers.
Our son graduated from Pinecrest Academy. He was there from third through twelfth grade, and we couldn’t be happier with the school. The religious, character, and academic formation were superb.
Pinecrest Academy has been an excellent school for our daughter. She is currently in 9th grade and has attended Pinecrest since Kindergarten. She has a strong academic and intellectual formation, has grown confident in who she is over the years and continues to grow in her human, emotional and spiritual maturity. Pinecrest does an amazing job in educating the whole child.
Our daughter will be entering sixth grade and has been going to Pinecrest since Pre-K4. We are so blessed that she is able to attend such a wonderful school. It is definitely the best decision we have every made! Over the years we have watched our daughter develop into a confident, motivated, compassionate and dedicated young lady who loves coming to school and is eager to learn. At Pinecrest Academy your child is not just a number or a face. The teachers are truly dedicated to ensuring your child succeeds and grows not only academically but as a person. The religious components of Pinecrest's curriculum continue to strengthen our daughter's relationship with God, but also help to teach her how to be a good person as well as a christian leader. If you are looking for a school that will value your child as a person and give them a strong foundation for life, then Pinecest Academy is the place for you!
The faculty, staff, and overall community of Pinecrest Academy is so welcoming and focused on loving each person in their care. There are tons of opportunities for students to be involved in athletics and other extra-curriculars. Faculty and staff know each student and help them to discover and develop their own gifts. Everyone here is so dedicated and they see their job as a real vocation. We've been through some bumps in the last couple of years, but the future is bright and exciting!
This will be our 11th year at Pinecrest Academy. When we drop our children off in the morning, we have the feeling of safety and security and they are in an environment where they are known and loved by their teachers.
My children attended Pinecrest Academy from Kindergarten to graduation from High School. They received an excellent education from teachers that truly care about their well-being. Even after graduation, they continue to reap the benefits of friendships that are lifelong ... Pinecrest is more than a "school" experience. It's a family! :)
If you are considering Pinecrest, first do your research on the religious order that runs and owns the school - the Legion of Christ and its lay movement Regnum Christi. Their track record on successful schools in the US is abysmal. As is the corruption of that movement. Then, ask yourself why a school located in the fastest growing and most prosperous county in Georgia is losing enrollment every year. And check out the tenure (or lack thereof) and background of their top administrators - nice people, but amateurs.
Pinecrest is a private Catholic school. For high school, masses are held monthly and sometimes more often during certain celebrations. Masses are held more frequently for middle schoolers. I like how the school is small and family-like. Class sizes are small, and this makes learning much easier. Pinecrest has wonderful teachers. This coming year, however, we are losing many teachers and members of staff. Overall, great school!
I have been a student at Pinecrest Academy for many years. Overall, I think that the education here is very good and that academically speaking, the school does prepare you for college. However, I also think that the culture at Pinecrest is hurt by the uncertain and rapidly changing environment. Pinecrest does have a solid Catholic foundation which it instills very early on in its students and the sports and athletics here have been very good.
Start Your Review of Pinecrest Academy
It’s a decent school in some aspects but in others not. They don’t really do anything about some problems. I experienced an incident last year in the summer that involved cyberbullying and profanity from a student. This was reported a to the faculty but I never had back about what the punishment was. They never informed us about anything else about what would be done. Anyway that was just my experience. Also sometimes the counselors don’t help with problems. The academics are fine.
Pinecrest Academy is a private catholic school, so for the first two years of high school we were gender separate. I enjoyed that because it let me be me without having to worry about what the boys think of me. I got to know the girls really well which was the most fun. I had really good teachers, so I got a good education. Because it was Catholic, we have ample opportunities to further our faith as well.
I started at Pinecrest in 8th grade, having previously attended public school beforehand. I remember being very sad to leave my old school, but Pinecrest did a great job of welcoming me into the family. Thanks to the small size of the school, the environment at Pinecrest is truly that of a family, as everyone knows of and cares about everyone else. Pinecrest also infuses Catholicism into each day and taught me so much about the faith! The education was also fantastic and prepared me very well for college at the University of Georgia. I also played varsity soccer while at Pinecrest, which were some of the best memories of my life. Overall, the friendships and connections I made at Pinecrest will last a lifetime and I’m very thankful for the time I spent there. I know I can always call it home.