Pinecrest Academy Reviews

All 3 of my children attended Pinecrest Academy. They received more than just a strong academic education. The school teaches students strong character skills as well as the Catholic faith. The family environment is wonderful where some of our best friendships and our children's best friendships were formed. I highly recommend Pinecrest!
Pinecrest does an amazing job forming its students into well-rounded leaders if they take advantage of all the school has to offer. I love the gender-separate classes in a co-ed environment, it was very unique but special and advantageous set-up. I would love if Pinecrest offered a wider variety of electives to accommodate all the different interests of its students.
I loved the fact that the teachers made me feel like I was really getting a good education and I loved the fact we were so invested in the faith. I hope to see more push towards the arts especially dance.
Start Your Review of Pinecrest Academy
I have been at Pinecrest now since I was 3 years old. I am in the 8th grade at Pinecrest Academy and my experience at this school has been excellent. Since I was I Pre-K3 I always felt that the teachers took a personal standpoint to both me and my education. Teachers would take time to make sure all the students understand the material. The Middle School team that I have is beyond excellent and strive to adhere to each student and there needs.
Teacher and student attrition is rampant. Last school year, four teachers, of the junior class alone, were fired or left before winter break. This year there are only 16 girls in the entire sophomore class. More of an emphasis is placed on being gender separate rather than providing separate honors or accelerated classes. This school year EVERY sophomore girl takes the same math, science, and language arts class and receives honors credit, regardless of their skill set.This year the head high school counselor quit and no announcement was made to the seniors or their parents. Little to no personal teacher to parent communication occurs in the middle school and high school. New administration started again this year and hopefully changes will be on the horizon.
Overall Pinecrest did not academically prepare me for college. The teachers do not challenge the students and most are in their first few years of teaching. Also, many teachers do not stay for over one year. As for the other students, they are nice but a little cliquey and immature. The administration is focused on the few "founding families." Those who have been there for years.
Pinecrest is an excellent school. It mirrors what we are trying to develop in our children: good morals, striving to be your best and practicing the Catholic faith. I like that the teachers don't let things go - neatness counts, being kind and respectful matters. Through moves, we have enrolled in three other Catholic schools. There's no comparison to Pinecrest. The teachers are amazing, and the influence of Catholic priests and consecrated people is notable.
We have three children at Pinecrest and have been there for over six years. The school truly partners with parents in the formation of their children on every level - academically, emotionally and socially. Our kids are challenged in their schoolwork, but are also called to a high standard in terms of how they treat others. The teachers genuinely care and try to bring out the strengths of each student. Above all, they are learning to know and love Jesus Christ as their best friend.
The one thing I like the most about Pinecrest Academy is how well you get to know your teachers, and you are always welcome after school hours and during lunch to get extra help when you don't understand a subject.
Pinecrest shaped me into the man I am today. The community of people there is absolutely fantastic and I consider myself lucky that I was spiritually and intellectually formed by those teachers and administrators.
Pinecrest Academy is a great school up until eighth grade and then it becomes about things outside of the education.
I enjoy Pinecrest, however I feel as though there should be more integrated activities between genders. The school is great in bringing religion to the forefront and creating a strong faith basis. The academics can be seen as impressive with small classroom sizes and engaged teachers. Overall the school has created a good basis for me as I go into college. One other critique could be seen with the sports programs they are not as well managed as many other schools .
Our family has been at the school for 13 years. It's a great community and parents are very much involved. We are in need of new lower school bldgs. The teachers in the LS are wonderful! The HS could use a lot of work in general, administration, hiring of teacher...etc.
Pinecrest Academy is my second home. I have been attending there for 16 years now and I have never been able to bond and meet such amazing people. It is such a close knit environment and everyone wants you to strive to be the best person of yourself you can be.
This is the only school I would ever pay for...I have one left there and four have graduated. They recognize that the human person is made up of so much more than their intellect and strive also to develop the human, spiritual, and apostolic dimensions: a well rounded individual who will lead and serve in the future!
I've had two children graduate from Pinecrest, and one is a HS Junior there now. All three started in Pre-K. I've seen the school through many changes and while there have been high and low points, the constant is the administration's belief in integral formation (not just intellectual formation) which I believe has helped my children become mature, responsible, engaging and influential Christian leaders. They have strongly supported the parents in our roles as the primary formators of our children, offering a wide variety of programs and speakers. I'm also a strong believer in gender specific teaching, allowing for a freedom and confidence for our children in the classrooms. I will continue to support the school after my Junior graduates and hope that my grandchildren will attend here. I've always experienced a feeling of joy and love on that campus - Pinecrest Academy is really a special place.
Although the school is nice if you appreciate small classes and having a religious based program, it is not the best for sports or the arts. That said, you do get many opportunities to do many sports and activities along with working and taking intense classes.
Start Your Review of Pinecrest Academy
Pinecrest Academy offered me a unique education, with gender separate classes. I was truly a name and not a number, and had personal relationships with my teachers who wanted me to thrive. I enjoyed learning about my faith, and other's faith.
The biggest mistake we made was not putting our kids at Pinecrest sooner! Our daughter came to Pinecrest in 8th grade, very reluctantly, and upset about leaving her school and friends. Within 2 weeks, she acted as if she'd been at PA forever and just flourished. In high school, she earned straight A's, was in the NHS, successfully passed 7 AP classes and enjoyed great success on the soccer field. Her senior year sums it up, with her comment, "I don't want to graduate. I love Pinecrest."
We have three children at Pinecrest and are in our 5th year. Our experience has been excellent. The academic standards are high, but what we truly appreciate is how the school partners with us as parents in helping our children become the Christian leaders Gods intends them to be.