Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Pine Tree High School is an above average, public school located in Longview, TX. It has 1,207 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Pine Tree High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+153 Students
- A+142 Students
- B-116 Students
- A+104 Students
- B102 Students
- C96 Students
- B+81 Students
- A76 Students
- B+73 Students
- B+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Pine Tree High School
- A-Longview High School
- Longview Independent School District, TX
- 228 reviews
- BSabine High School
- Sabine Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
- C+Kilgore High School
- Kilgore Independent School District, TX
- 117 reviews
- C+Gladewater High School
- Gladewater Independent School District, TX
- 106 reviews
Pine Tree High School Reviews
My experience of attending Pine Tree high school is like an adventure. Through my four- years of high school from freshman to senior have been life-changing in a good way. Freshman year was a year where I explored the classes I would like to take for the next three years. This year is my senior year cannot believe my high school years are almost finished. I like how Pine Tree makes every student feel like a home to explore their skills and abilities. The teachers are very helpful, and no student is left behind. All the teachers care about every single student's education. Another thing I like is the new program the school offers to seniors. Offering free SAT testing on a school day, helping understand applications, scholarships, and more. What I would like to see change about Pine Tree is nothing. Pine Tree is a great school to attend they care about all the students.
Pine Tree High School is a good quality school and a nice place to get an education. The district as a whole is trying to "Bring Pine Tree Back" and make the school go from good to great. Everyone at the High School is 100% committed to helping the students achieve success. The environment is nice and overall a nice school in the suburbs of Longview, Tx.
I like the atmosphere overall. But the teachers are MEDIOCRE for my first two years all we really did was watch videos, no one was actually teaching. The food is not that good, and administrative is not that helpful especially when it comes to finding scholarships and getting help with fasfa and going into college prepared. Pine tree is very diverse and is friendly. Coaches are good. School is spirit is good but could be better, especially when it comes to supporting athletes at games.