Pine Tree High School is an above average, public school located in Longview, TX. It has 1,257 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Pine Tree High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+114 Students
- C+111 Students
- B86 Students
- B79 Students
- A+76 Students
- B+66 Students
- C65 Students
- A56 Students
- B+54 Students
- B+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Pine Tree High School
- B+Longview High School
- Longview Independent School District, TX
- 207 reviews
- B+Sabine High School
- Sabine Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
- C+Kilgore High School
- Kilgore Independent School District, TX
- 107 reviews
- B-Gladewater High School
- Gladewater Independent School District, TX
- 101 reviews
Pine Tree High School Reviews
I like the atmosphere overall. But the teachers are MEDIOCRE for my first two years all we really did was watch videos, no one was actually teaching. The food is not that good, and administrative is not that helpful especially when it comes to finding scholarships and getting help with fasfa and going into college prepared. Pine tree is very diverse and is friendly. Coaches are good. School is spirit is good but could be better, especially when it comes to supporting athletes at games.
Pine Tree High School has great teachers who help the students learn what they need to learn. I like that they have a lot of AP classes, and their Dual Credit program, which allows students to take high-level courses while also gaining college credit, is interesting. Overall, I'm satisfied with PTHS.
My experience at Pine Tree High School was definitely a place to remember. I look back on our schools security and thank them for having it the way it was. It is important to me because now all we see on the news is student shootings at school. I believe the two way entrance with tall fencing, certain employees being the person who decides who can enter and leave the building. This was a great school that understood the importance of student safety.