Pine Tree High School is an above average, public school located in Longview, TX. It has 1,257 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Pine Tree High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+112 Students
- C+107 Students
- B82 Students
- B76 Students
- A+71 Students
- B+64 Students
- C63 Students
- A53 Students
- B+53 Students
- B+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Pine Tree High School
- B+Longview High School
- Longview Independent School District, TX
- 205 reviews
- B+Sabine High School
- Sabine Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
- C+Kilgore High School
- Kilgore Independent School District, TX
- 106 reviews
- B-Gladewater High School
- Gladewater Independent School District, TX
- 101 reviews
Pine Tree High School Reviews
My experience at Pine Tree High School was definitely a place to remember. I look back on our schools security and thank them for having it the way it was. It is important to me because now all we see on the news is student shootings at school. I believe the two way entrance with tall fencing, certain employees being the person who decides who can enter and leave the building. This was a great school that understood the importance of student safety.
Pulling into the student parking lot is not generally and exciting occurrence for me, but that is how my morning starts every weekday. The entire school, including the parking lot and drop off area, is enclosed in semi functional black metal fencing that only really serves to create a feeling of imprisonment. Otherwise, the interior of the buildings are unremarkable, with graffiti and phallic images on the bathroom stalls and the ceiling stuck with pencils thrown long ago. The teachers are generally nice enough, with most giving off only a slightly stagnant attitude towards the students. But then walk down the math hallway and you will hear soft jazz floating out a particularly appealing geometry class that is packed to the brim. When the school bell rings, there are many who stay simply because they can, and that is a sign within itself. Overall, the school is alright, if not downright average.
Pine Tree High School has been a great experience! I wouldn’t want to graduate from any other school. The education there is really good and helpful.