Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Pine River Area Middle/High School is a public school located in Leroy, MI. It has 607 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-121 Students
- B+65 Students
- B63 Students
- A57 Students
- C-40 Students
- B-39 Students
- B39 Students
- B+39 Students
- A+33 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pine River Area Middle/High School
- C+Reed City High School
- Reed City Area Public Schools, MI
- 65 reviews
- B-McBain High School
- McBain Rural Agricultural Schools, MI
- 40 reviews
- C-Evart High School
- Evart Public Schools, MI
- 29 reviews
- BCadillac Senior High School
- Cadillac Area Public Schools, MI
- 141 reviews
Pine River Area Middle/High School Reviews
Couple teacher are nice. Students are try to be nice to you but I easily get confuse what I am doing. I even ask the teachers and most of the time they don't know what they supposed or will be doing. To my most memorable, it was my first day to school. After I get out of the bus. I have no clue where to go or what to do. I just stranded in front of the school door. Then I went to the office and try to figure it out what should I be doing. The office lady answer me she does not know, whatever. I was stocked. And till now so far. I know some people are being nice to me but I did not have a really special, memorable high school experience. Actually is kinda boring.
Pine River High School is the best high school I could have attended to be on track for college. The teachers are all caring and encouraging. They do everything they can to make sure that you understand the material that is being taught and that you're ready for college. They expect the most out of you, which is very beneficial to the students because you put your best work forward. Pine River Area Schools is a great district.
If a student is playing in one sport they are most likely in a fall, winter, and spring sport. The sport options at this school are the standard options, no swimming or anything. There is definitely some favoritism towards football and basketball. The wrestling program is the best one there, but it is not given the credit. The band isn't the best but the teacher loves her job and each and every one of the students. The volleyball coach is only in it for the money and doesn't help the players. They do not get any better. That's why we haven't won a championship since she has been there. As far as clubs go, there isn't any. There is a few organizations like NHS but not even that many of those.