Pine River Area Middle/High School is a public school located in Leroy, MI. It has 598 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Pine River Area Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B91 Students
- B+51 Students
- B48 Students
- A47 Students
- B-32 Students
- B+31 Students
- C-30 Students
- B30 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-20 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pine River Area Middle/High School
- C+Reed City High School
- Reed City Area Public Schools, MI
- 58 reviews
- B-McBain High School
- Mcbain Rural Agricultural Schools, MI
- 33 reviews
- CEvart High School
- Evart Public Schools, MI
- 25 reviews
- B-Cadillac Senior High School
- Cadillac Area Public Schools, MI
- 127 reviews
Pine River Area Middle/High School Reviews
Pine River High School is the best high school I could have attended to be on track for college. The teachers are all caring and encouraging. They do everything they can to make sure that you understand the material that is being taught and that you're ready for college. They expect the most out of you, which is very beneficial to the students because you put your best work forward. Pine River Area Schools is a great district.
If a student is playing in one sport they are most likely in a fall, winter, and spring sport. The sport options at this school are the standard options, no swimming or anything. There is definitely some favoritism towards football and basketball. The wrestling program is the best one there, but it is not given the credit. The band isn't the best but the teacher loves her job and each and every one of the students. The volleyball coach is only in it for the money and doesn't help the players. They do not get any better. That's why we haven't won a championship since she has been there. As far as clubs go, there isn't any. There is a few organizations like NHS but not even that many of those.
I love Pine River. Everyone here is very close knit and has friends of all different types of people. There isn't much cultural diversity but everyone has different views on subjects and everyone is very easy to talk to. The staff at Pine River is very nice and they care about their students. They are always willing to lend a helping hand to a student in need.