Pine-Richland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gibsonia, PA. It has 1,538 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Pine-Richland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- A+157 Students
- A-92 Students
- A+77 Students
- A+66 Students
- B59 Students
- B-57 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-45 Students
- A-42 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Pine-Richland High School
- A-Beaver Area Senior High School
- Beaver Area School District, PA
- 123 reviews
- A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 311 reviews
- A+Quaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 198 reviews
Pine-Richland High School Reviews
Pine-Richland did a great job preparing me for further education. Classes I took there were often more difficult than my entry college courses. Academically, it's absolutely top notch. Athletics, clubs, and band are popular and fun to be apart of, as a participant or fan (The Mob). The administration was good for the most part. Front office resources for college advising were outstanding. Almost all the teachers I had genuinely cared and would be willing to take time to help you if you asked for it. The school's main downside is a lack of diversity, both racially and economically. However, most students were down to earth. There is a definite competitive culture at this school, and that can be both a good and bad thing. All in all, while it wasn't perfect, I'm glad I went to PR.
At Pine-Richland High School, I have found that my overall classes to be fair. There are a variety of teachers for almost every subject, although in my experience not all teachers in my opinion to be at the same level of teaching. The Social Studies, English, Physics and Engineering departments had some of the best teachers while the other departments ether had good teachers, mediocre teachers, or I did not have experience in the elective departments. I have been apart of two major clubs at our school, Students Against Destructive Decisions and Technology Student Association. I found these clubs to be both informative and helping in getting me closer to my fellow peers. In my High School Career, I have participated in both Track and Swimming/Diving. I have enjoyed both sports and would highly suggest them to anyone wanting to be a student athlete. Over my past four years at Pine Richland High School, I have found my overall experience to be pleasing.
Majority of the staff are friendly and helpful, however the students are disrespectful, rude, and unkind. Bullying is a HUGE problem at this school. The academics are typically challenging and well taught, but the amount of bullying is awful.