Pine-Richland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gibsonia, PA. It has 1,505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Pine-Richland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A274 Students
- A+229 Students
- A-122 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+98 Students
- B91 Students
- B-75 Students
- A-63 Students
- A-59 Students
- A+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Pine-Richland High School
- B+Beaver Area Senior High School
- Beaver Area School District, PA
- 133 reviews
- AHampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 211 reviews
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 322 reviews
- AQuaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 204 reviews
Pine-Richland High School Reviews
My children started in the district in sixth and ninth respectively. They both were told that they were behind a year but my freshman was able to test up without any problem. The school is very accommodating and all of the teachers that I met were great. Their sports programs always rank in the top. My oldest daughter plays varsity golf and my youngest plays softball and volleyball on the middle school teams. So even though it’s a large school with great athletes, it’s not extremely hard to earn a spot on the team. Overall I am very impressed with the school and I am glad that I decided to make the move.
Pine-Richland is generally a good school. They offer lots of class options so that if you want to take more advanced/ AP classes the options are open to you. Pine- Richland does focus a lot/ almost too much on sports. Yes they have good sports teams but I feel the arts programs should get more attention as they attract what seems to be about the same amount of students. Some of the teachers at Pine-Richland put minimal effort in to teaching and you will find that two teachers who teach the same classes do so very differently. This can result in uneven workloads and poorer grades for students who happen to be taking the same class, just because they have different teachers. I feel this is detrimental for both the students with the harder class and also for those who have the other teacher who treats the class like a blow off.
Excellent variety of extra-curricular. Even as a quiet student, I was able to get involved in the award-winning musical (go stage crew!), marching bad, art club, choir, SADD, and more I’m probably forgetting. The academics are rigorous. You will be prepared for college. The teachers are kind and knowledgeable. PR actually has one of the most economically diverse districts in the state. Unfortunately, not so diverse in the traditional sense.