Pine Prairie High School is a public school located in Pine Prairie, LA. It has 880 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Pine Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+49 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B25 Students
- B23 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Pine Prairie High School
Pine Prairie High School Reviews
Pine Prairie has a friendly nature to it. The teachers are there to always help and can easily have a friendship with theses teachers. They make sure that students are engaged in their teachings and will help with any personal problems that students may have. It is easy to make friends, and people try to keep others' heads held high. The schools allows for many ways to earn college credit, most are free for students, and the staff look forward to seeing you succeed once a student is graduated.
The experience wasn't what everyone told me it would be. Sure I had some good times there, but most of it was terrible. The teachers were great, don't get me wrong. The students on the other hand. The students are what made the whole experience terrible. Even some of the fauclty made my experience crap. I would go home crying thanks to things that happened at this school. High school is not as good as everyone claims it is. It's not "the best 4 years of your life." Nothing would get done about bullying yet they claimed they stopped it. Pine Prairie may be "the best school in the district," but it certainly did not prepare me for life. Did not prepare me for the next 6-7 years of college I am about to face.
Pine Prairie is a great school. The things that i like about Pine is that it is a school of the arts. At Pine Prairie High School there is theater and visual arts. The art program is my favorite. There are many clubs that you can join. The field trips are epic, also the teachers are excellent. The things I would change are dress code, phones, and diversity. I think that we should be able to wear jeans and a tee shirt instead of a school uniform. I feel that we should be able to bring phones to school in case of an emergency. Also a phone would be good for free time after class or during breaks. Also Pine prairie is not as adverse as it should be. There is an overpopulation of white students, but the students are great.Pine Prairie High School is the place to be.