grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Pine Island Secondary School is a highly rated, public school located in Pine Island, MN. It has 370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pine Island Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A41 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B+20 Students
- grade B minus19 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade B10 Students
- grade A9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Homecoming or Spring Fling33%
- SPORTING EVENTS28%
- Dress up days6%
- Senior Night and Post Prom6%
- Teacher vs student games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,094 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Pine Island Secondary School
- grade A minusByron Senior High School
- Byron Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 78 reviews
- grade B+Zumbrota-Mazeppa Senior High School
- Zumbrota-Mazeppa School District, MN
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade B+Kasson-Mantorville Senior High School
- Kasson-Mantorville School District, MN
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 104 reviews
- grade B minusGoodhue Secondary School
- Goodhue Public School District, MN
- Rating 4.13 out of 5 15 reviews
Pine Island Secondary School Reviews
Rating 3.81 out of 5 93 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Pine Island High School is a great school that provides students with every opportunity for success. The resources are available for students to do well in class and in extracurriculars, both academic and otherwise. It is a small school, but the students and teachers alike are extremely welcoming and accepting of each other. The only thing I don't like about the school is that there is very little follow up with students who are known to be struggling. A student can reach out to the counselor for help with grades or even with mental help and, in my experience and from what I have heard from others, those students are typically expected to simply deal with these things on their own. Other than that, though, its an amazing, well-funded school that produces a great number of intelligent, educated, driven young men and women.
Help is there if you look for it. Excellent faculty that truly, truly care. Would recommend to anyone. Academics could be more strenuous but are tailored to your interests. Initiate conversations about your schedule with guidance counselors.
I really enjoy the sense of community at Pine Island High School. Because of the small size, you get to know everyone around you. There are so many people you know will always be there. I also really appreciate the teaching staff. They care so much about my own, and every other student's educational needs. If there was one thing I would want to change about our school, it would be include more whole school events to take part of in the school day to have something to really look forward to.