Pine Island Secondary School is a highly rated, public school located in Pine Island, MN. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pine Island Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+32 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+14 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+11 Students
- B10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B8 Students
- A8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pine Island Secondary School
- A-Byron Senior High School
- Byron Public School District, MN
- 67 reviews
- A-Zumbrota-Mazeppa Senior High School
- Zumbrota-Mazeppa School District, MN
- 58 reviews
- B+Kasson-Mantorville Senior High School
- Kasson-Mantorville School District, MN
- 83 reviews
- C+Goodhue Secondary School
- Goodhue Public School District, MN
- 10 reviews
Pine Island Secondary School Reviews
I really enjoy the sense of community at Pine Island High School. Because of the small size, you get to know everyone around you. There are so many people you know will always be there. I also really appreciate the teaching staff. They care so much about my own, and every other student's educational needs. If there was one thing I would want to change about our school, it would be include more whole school events to take part of in the school day to have something to really look forward to.
I enjoyed the new renovations made in the classrooms, they could have come sooner though. The addition of the TV's make schooling easier than the smart boards that use to be in place, though they worked quite well in my opinion. Teachers are teaching at an acceptable level, though some classes could be pushed harder. Schedules are packed as no student is allowed to have two study halls unless approved by administration, which seems...subjective. Something I do not like about the current system is how much strain music classes take on the schedule, as they can potentially take up two periods of an eight period day, yet I see no solution to this problem currently.
The principal at Pine Island High School is both willing and confident when guiding his students towards graduation. He has organized many leadership days so his students can be leaders after they graduate from high school. Another great thing in which he has done is organize motivational and college speakers so we as students can get advice to better our outlook on finances and attitude in life. My principle is something else! Say that because you are able to go to him whenever needed and get advice about basically anything that is relevant and school appropriate. If a student at Pine Island High School dislikes him because of disciplinary problems that's there own fault because I have to. As a younger high school student, I got in trouble quite often and began to dislike him because of the punishments in which he gave me. In the long run, I began to understand that he punished me for the good of my well being. I wish every student at Pine Island High School would view him like I do.