Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Pine Grove Area High School is a public school located in Pine Grove, PA. It has 506 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Pine Grove Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B43 Students
- A+43 Students
- B38 Students
- B-31 Students
- B27 Students
- B21 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-16 Students
- A16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Pine Grove Area High School
- C+Northern Lebanon Senior High School
- Northern Lebanon School District, PA
- 99 reviews
- B-Eastern Lebanon County Senior High School
- Eastern Lebanon County School District, PA
- 119 reviews
- B-Schuylkill Haven Senior High School
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District, PA
- 126 reviews
- CMinersville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Minersville Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
Pine Grove Area High School Reviews
I loved my time at PGASD! I was always one who enjoyed going to school, learning, and being with my friends! Something I think should be improved is communication among the faculty, as it seemed some teachers were out of the loop at times. I would also say that discipline needs to be a little more strict and stuck to. Sometimes with discipline, it’s just empty threats and the students know that. The sports games are always packed with students and the community because PGASD has such wonderful community support and involvement. The community is always supporting in sports, clubs, academics, etc. PGASD really prepared me to go into the world and to become a college student. I am so thankful for all of the knowledge both morally and academically that I was taught at PGASD. It truly is, and was the best home away from home a student could ask for All around, Pine Grove is an amazing school that any student would be lucky to go to, and any teacher would be lucky to have a job at!
Personally, I really like my high school. I liked how the teachers were engaging in their lectures and how they involved the students while giving lectures so it wasn't 40 minutes of the teacher talking. I liked how we felt like a community by doing school events and everyone coming out to support the school. One thing I wish would change would be the money situation. I think Pine Grove would be a lot better if they had more funds for necessary things that the school needs.
I'm glad to have gone to Pine Grove because the opportunities to learn and find what you like are plentiful. The science and technology departments had steadily improved and they are very well done programs, offering students quality resources and teachers.