Pine Grove Area High School is a public school located in Pine Grove, PA. It has 464 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pine Grove Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B26 Students
- B25 Students
- B21 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A+14 Students
- A13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Pine Grove Area High School
- C+Northern Lebanon Senior High School
- Northern Lebanon School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- B-Eastern Lebanon County Senior High School
- Eastern Lebanon County School District, PA
- 116 reviews
- B-Schuylkill Haven Senior High School
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District, PA
- 125 reviews
- CMinersville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Minersville Area School District, PA
- 45 reviews
Pine Grove Area High School Reviews
Some teachers are great. A few of the teachers i have learned under gave me a new perspective on life, people, and all of the rest. On the adverse side of things, some teachers are not very good and do not take their job as seriously. Oftentimes under these teachers, students are subject to meaningless work and useless assignments that are either unrelated to the class or useless for education
It can be a very decent school, even wonderful at times, but some of the teachers there are rude and inconsiderate and no one can properly handle anything bad involving students. The kids are especially out of control, bullying is horribly out of hand.
Teachers at Pine Grove are always the best. The get along with the students and most are like friends to the students. The teachers are always there when we need them. the teachers are fun and do activities with the students, such as; pep rallies, homecoming events, and spirit week. The teachers are fun, but they are also respectable. They are good at their jobs and do well teaching students.