Pine Forest High School Reviews

I have enjoyed my time at PFHS. It's a pretty solid school with a lot of diversity. It doesn't offer many AP courses to students due to low funding for teachers, not enough AP teachers, and overcrowding in non-AP courses, which is unfortunate to honors students who are trying to prepare for college. I have had some amazing teachers who are passionate about their job, but I've also had some pretty bad ones who don't care. There's not much school spirit, but it has been improving and most of us do appreciate our school. Lot's of fights happen, but thats to be expected from any school in Fayetteville, NC haha. There's a good amount of clubs and activities for students to join. We have great music/arts teachers. Our sports teams are pretty solid. Overall, Pine Forest is a pretty average but solid school and I'm happy to have spent the last 4 years here.
One of my favorite things about Pine Forest is our school spirit. From football games all the way to baseball games, our student section would always be full cheering our team on no matter what the score was. As a volleyball player and the captain of the team, I personally saw how our student section lifted up the team when we were down and it was one of the best feelings seeing everyone there for us.
The school is nice enough, could definitely use some updates physically. Most teachers seem to care about their students. Academics aren't stellar, but they are good enough. It is a very diverse high school, but lacks in school spirit a little.
Start Your Review of Pine Forest High School
Pine forest had been a place and love and heartbreak. Good grades and great friends. There were some classes not available but the ones that were were challenging and rewarding. I felt safe and prepared.
It's just your average high school. A little better than some in the area but definitely not the best in terms of nice high schools in the United States. It doesn't receive the biggest amount of money, meaning it doesn't have a lot of the resources that "nicer" high schools have. It has a lot of different kinds of people and is very diverse. Living in a military community you get to meet all kinds of people who have been to all different kins of places and learns and
I came from a military base school in Seoul, South Korea, and Pine Forest High School is an academically inclined school with helpful teachers and lots of extra curricular activities.
The teaching is great, although they could change how much time they give us to get to class. They have hall sweeps and it is hard for a student to get from one side of the school to the other in 4 minutes, especially when there are a lot of students in the school.
I think they have a great staff and overall they care about the kids. I would like to see maybe metal detectors in all school and security at all doors to help protect our children a lil more .thanks pine forest for all you do for our children!
The principal was fun and nice. The teachers cared about every student. I love the diversity. I love the school.
I didn't have a great time at Pine Forest High School. Nothing to do with the school, I just had my own problems.
I just moved to this school last October. Moving in the middle of my junior year from the same school I have gone to forever made it so I had high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Though it was a totally different playing field to my old school, this one let me excel higher than I could ever think of in my old school. The arts and sports programs especially welcomed me with open arms and made it much easier for me to get comfortable.
Overall a good experience at the school. The sports teams at the school all generally perform well and the games were always a fun atmosphere and you enjoyed being at them watching or participating in the game. Although there were some mean teachers, most of the teachers I had were amazing and fun and really enjoyed their job which made the class and learning enjoyable as well. The lunch was okay but that's most schools.
teachers played obvious favorites and in certain clubs if you aren't one of the favorites your aren't getting in. The admin. always seem busy but never seems to get anything do, the zero tolerance policy leaves nothing to the imagination and often causes more harm than good. But there are some teachers who are truly great at what they do and some don't get the credit where its do and gets taken advantage by their students. Most smaller clubs don't get the reorganization they deserve because they are steamed rolled by clubs such as SGA and NHS. So over all the experience at Pine Forest High School was a little more than dull.
Pine Forest High School for me was a great experience like people say it’s all in what you make out of it like any school it has the good and the bad but it’s what you choose to be around and who you choose to be successful with. Mr Culbreth always says this is a school we’re everyone and everything matters and that is one of the realest things that you would be able to see in our school is that everyone and everything really matters Pine Forest was really good to me and has truly prepared me for my future endeavors and I will always call Pine Forest High School Home. -Hannah Farmer
The experience I encountered at Pine Forest High School has been the uplifting, most hard working, inspiring, and a teachable group of teachers I have had for the my ninth, and tenth grade.
This school's sport department long distance, and football has also taught me team leadership, agreeing to disagree, and good sportsmanship towards your members , just as important among others on the opposite team. We have grown to help each other by talking our problems out after class, excepting our differences.
Thank you for the opportunity to have my experiences shared among all of our school districts.
Sincerely,
Aiesha Hernandez 10th grader
This school shaped me into a better version of myself. We became more than peers and friends, we became a family and I appreciate and cherish the experience I’ve had at pine forest.
Honestly, coming into high school as a freshman was terrifying. I had no friends, the school was huge and the numbers for rooms was soooo confusing. But throughout these 4 years, I made lifelong friends and connections with people. My counselor, shoutout to Mr. Davis answered any questions I ever had, he helped whenever he could, and made sure to reach out to me if he thought I would be interested in colleges, or things of that nature. My teachers always encouraged my success and when the school showed out they SHOWED OUT. Spirit week, the senior picnic, even the theatre shows they put on, everything was inclusive and fun no matter what. Now as a senior and as I approach my final days at Pine Forest, I am more than glad I chose this school to grow as a person and learn who I was and prepare myself for the next step in life.
Start Your Review of Pine Forest High School
What I liked about Pine Forest High School was the diversity and how the teachers went above and beyond to make sure we were learning and preparing me for the next chapter in my life . I am so blessed to have had the opportunity that made me the student that I am thank you to all the staff and teachers that made my 4 years at Pine Forest so wonderful.
I would like to see Pine Forest High School have more diverse classes. Since I moved from a school of relative same size, I somewhat expected Pine Forest to meet the same level as my previous school but it didn't. Granted it did have a better administration and Pine Forest connects with the children trying their best to get what each child wants with the limited resources they are provided. Pine forest probably just needs to be given more resources to be a better tool for students.
Great school, teachers care about their students and there are excellent opportunities for students to get involved