Pine City Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Pine City, MN. It has 766 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Pine City Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+45 Students
- A16 Students
- B14 Students
- B+14 Students
- A13 Students
- B13 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B12 Students
- B+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Pine City Secondary School
- B-Mora Secondary School
- Mora Public School District, MN
- 51 reviews
- BRush City Secondary School
- Rush City Public School District, MN
- 29 reviews
- B+Grantsburg High School
- Grantsburg School District, WI
- 49 reviews
- CBraham Area Secondary School
- Braham Public School District, MN
- 37 reviews
Pine City Secondary School Reviews
My experience at Pine City Secondary School, other known as Pine City High School, as had its mixture of emotions . In my mind, Pine City High School is the typical high school experience for a little town like Pine City. Pine City High School trys to push its students with the resources it has. Although Pine City High School is not very diverse, the teachers at Pine City High School try to involve its students in as many different cultures as possible. The teachers at Pine City High School are very caring and try to push students to better themselves. Pine City High School staff try to better the school enviroment to make sure the students have the best opportunity that they can have chance to succede in their lifes as they gradute high school and become working adults.
For one of the poorer counties in Minnesota, Pine City Secondary School does a great job. Compared to other schools around here, we excel at many things from our music to our basketball programs. They of course have some faults like any place, but overall, I am glad to be graduating from such a hard-working, innovative school.
The staff are amazing people who always make time for you ! The activities offered are by far many more than surrounding schools . Of course the school always has drama , but the school is great at talking to and taking care of any issues/ drama that comes to their attention.