Pine Bush Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pine Bush, NY. It has 1,733 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Pine Bush Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+111 Students
- A94 Students
- B+91 Students
- B+86 Students
- A+75 Students
- A-70 Students
- A64 Students
- B58 Students
- B-45 Students
- A44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Pine Bush Senior High School
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 418 reviews
- BChester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 58 reviews
- BRondout Valley High School
- Rondout Valley Central School District, NY
- 64 reviews
- BWallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 119 reviews
Pine Bush Senior High School Reviews
I came to Pine Bush during my sophomore year. I came into the school with a rather negative attitude because I was against moving to the area. Despite my negative attitude towards the school, I had to do my best to keep my grades on track. I met some outstanding teachers than became more like mentors for me. My art teacher was my all time favorite. Pine Bush has an exceptional art and english department. The gym teachers are the absolute worst. They take their jobs way to serious, and don't realize that they affect students GPA's tremendously. The guidance counselors there don't seem to be much help (at least mine wasn't). Administration is more focused on pinning students in detention rather than helping them and diffusing situations. The nurses are the best people that school has. They treat students more like their own kids. They care, not only about students education. They care about their well being and whats best for them. Overall Pine Bush is an okay school.
Although I graduated in 2014, PBHS was a decent high school. The faculty were usually helpful towards students in concerns of success. The school is very community involved and always seeking to help. Even though it's quite diverse, more education in diversity would be ideal. Offering more classes on languages other than Spanish and French would help.
I had an overall good experience. It was high school, so it was what you made of it. The teachers varied with some being terrible and some being so motivating. I think the vast majority truly cared about their students, which I know you can't find everywhere.