Pine Bush Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pine Bush, NY. It has 1,685 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Pine Bush Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+112 Students
- A-94 Students
- B93 Students
- B+87 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-71 Students
- A68 Students
- B58 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Pine Bush Senior High School
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 424 reviews
- B-Chester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 59 reviews
- BRondout Valley High School
- Rondout Valley Central School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- B+Wallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 123 reviews
Pine Bush Senior High School Reviews
This fall I am going to be a Senior at Pine Bush High School. I started in Circleville Elementary school, then went to Circleville Middle School, and now I go to PBHS. The two middle schools are very different, so when you get to high school there is a lot of diversity among the students. Most of the teachers are nice and so are the students. A lot of the equipment hasn't been replaced since I started elementary school. The band program for example, has only received cuts and losses in the recent years. We need new instruments, and I would love it if we could have a marching band again.
The teachers are very helpful and caring towards students. There are plenty of clubs and sports to join as well as AP and college courses to take. However there are issues with making proper decisions about potential delays or closings due to poor weather. There are also issues with over-crowding on school buses. Overall, Pine Bush High School is a great school.
I came to Pine Bush during my sophomore year. I came into the school with a rather negative attitude because I was against moving to the area. Despite my negative attitude towards the school, I had to do my best to keep my grades on track. I met some outstanding teachers than became more like mentors for me. My art teacher was my all time favorite. Pine Bush has an exceptional art and english department. The gym teachers are the absolute worst. They take their jobs way to serious, and don't realize that they affect students GPA's tremendously. The guidance counselors there don't seem to be much help (at least mine wasn't). Administration is more focused on pinning students in detention rather than helping them and diffusing situations. The nurses are the best people that school has. They treat students more like their own kids. They care, not only about students education. They care about their well being and whats best for them. Overall Pine Bush is an okay school.