Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Pine Bush Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pine Bush, NY. It has 1,719 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Pine Bush Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+123 Students
- A-118 Students
- B+113 Students
- B+105 Students
- A+92 Students
- A-92 Students
- A88 Students
- B69 Students
- B-55 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 98 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Pine Bush Senior High School
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 452 reviews
- BChester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 67 reviews
- BRondout Valley High School
- Rondout Valley Central School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- B+Wallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 133 reviews
Pine Bush Senior High School Reviews
Pine Bush has a great academic approach. Most teachers are good at what they do. The school also does a great job with providing different clubs. I would like to change how some students are disciplined. With racist children in this school it effect the minorities. The problem is when the minorities make a statement or get into an argument with the racist kids, us minorities are the ones who get seen as the bad kids, and we suffer the consequence of detention or sports suspension, when the other kids are seen fine. Also the school focuses on 3 sports even if they are not the ones bringing home the titles. The sports that do the best aren't even the ones that are recognized.
Pine Bush High School is a great school if you surround yourself with encouraging peers and teachers. I hope to see more respect among students and an environment where students have a relationship with their guidance counselor. In my experience, some counselors are helpful, and others seem to not care about their student's confusion about complicated processes like applying to college. Unfortunately, this problem seems to be widespread among many high schools and universities.
I like and dislike many things about Pine Bush Senior High School. To start with the things I like, I enjoy how diverse the school is, and I have had the luxury of growing up with people of all different kinds of backgrounds. People generally get along well and like a typical school, there is a huge diversity of personalities as well. Most of the teachers genuinely want to help their students succeed. Sports are a big aspect of the school and many people go to games to support the team. On to the things I dislike, I did not enjoy how crammed the hallways are. With over 2000 students, once that bell rang it would take me the 4 minutes I had between periods to get to class with kids walking in all different directions throughout the halls. The bathrooms are extremely run down and there are always kids messing with them and ruining them even more. . I am a senior now and I can not complain about my overall education and experience at Pine Bush Senior High School.