Pine Bluff High School is a public school located in Pine Bluff, AR. It has 1,226 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 6% of students are at least proficient in math and 19% in reading.
Pine Bluff High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-325 Students
- A204 Students
- B-171 Students
- B171 Students
- B151 Students
- B-96 Students
- B-95 Students
- B66 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Pine Bluff High School Reviews
Pine Bluff High is a great school. I enjoyed my years attending and my experiences. However, the school does need a few changes. Passionate teachers are very much needed. Students often find themselves passing a class with flying colors, but they did not learn anything. The teacher just passed out worksheets and he/she explained how it should be done. The teacher does not know if we actually learned anything or not. I can count on one hand, how many teachers actually care if their students learn. A pine bluff teacher's favorite sentence is, "I already earned my degree, i do not care if you get yours." That does not encourage us students to better. Pine bluff high needs to fix this problem fast.
Pine Bluff High school's educational environment is one of the main things I like. The educational experience has been wonderful and the teachers are always well prepared and ready to teach. The school's safety has always been a big concern with Pine Bluff High, we have great security guards who make sure everything is always okay and everyone is safe. Pine Bluff High has always been a good school to attend and it is the best high-school based on sports and academic capability to attend in Arkansas
I am a senior at Pine Bluff High School, who has been attending since my sophomore year. Many people look down on this school, but there are so many great opportunities here that students do not take advantage of. There are numerous Pre-AP and AP courses to choose from such as: AP World History, AP Physics, AP Biology, and Pre-AP Pre-Calculus. PBHS offers free breakfast and lunch to all students. There are various clubs and organizations to join, such as Beta Club, National Honor Society, Art Club, History Club, What's Next Pine Bluff, JROTC, our championship-winning sports teams, Choir, Band, Orchestra, etc... My school offers ACT Prep and allows for every student to get two free fee waivers for the actual ACT exam. Many of the teachers here care about the students’ education and are willing to stay after school just to help them with work.