Pilgrim School Reviews

I enjoyed Pilgrim School because of its small size. I have been going here since seventh grade, and I have had such an incredible support system because I know teachers and the administration personally. However, I have run into challenges as one of the only black students in the school. I have found that, because of the overwhelming amount of extremely wealthy, largely white students, I had a hard time establishing my social life. However, after a few months to a year, I was able to make long-lasting friendships. But there definitely is a huge diversity problem, both racially and financially.
Pilgrim is a small school that allows lots of personalized attention for students and offers a diverse and expansive variety of classes for students to take. This way, students are always engaged and occupied.
I have loved Pilgrim since I have been here for a while yet a lot is missing. We have great teachers and administration is excellent, but it's our actual students. We are not a very diverse school, as the population is mostly Asian and white. It is also a small school, so it is hard to have school Spirit, especially with kids that don't like to participate in school events. This issue comes from our school's diversity issue as it doesn't have many minorities (maybe about nine minorities in all of the high school). I believe with the addition of diversity, our school would have more school spirit. Yet, with all this Pilgrim is still an amazing school. Since its a small community, you have very close connections with friends and teachers, which ultimately helps a student to be able to speak up in large public places without a problem.
Start Your Review of Pilgrim School
Pilgrim School was a wonderful academic and social experience. I formed life bonds and was able to use a lot of classwork directly in college.
Lack of diversity, disorganized administration, lack of college readiness; everything you don't want from a school. Save your money and send your kid to a public school where they'd get a better education and not be sheltered from the real world at this school.
We have two kids at Pilgrim School. One has been attending for 8 years and one for 3 years. We are very happy with Pilgrim School and our kids are getting an excellent education. The teachers are caring and genuinely interested in the students.

The parents are noticeably much involved with their kids, the school, activities and getting to know each other. The kids make strong friendships with other students and is common for parents to invite their kid's classmates to birthday parties and play dates. Overall, it is a highly nurturing environment.

Our kids truly love Pilgrim. The kids are kept much engaged in their homework and in class participation. The teachers are superb. And administration personnel is equally so.

Pilgrim school is a truly highly racially diverse student body private school, unlike other private schools that much taut their diversity. If you wish for your kid to be in this type of environment, then consider Pilgrim School.
Most of the teachers at this school are great; most of them genuinely care about the students. Overall though, this school is not good. The academics are below average and the school sees the kids as dollar signs. The school is overpriced for its average academics and is lacking in clubs and sporting opportunities. There are much better schools for not as much money. Send your child to those instead.
Pilgrim is one of those places where everyone knows everyone; and in this place, it's a bad thing. The overall school finds more importance in money, donations, and fundraising than the actual students. It's not worth the overpriced tuition. Save your money and sanity and go elsewhere.
This is one of the worst schools I've been too. Everyone here is in an obnoxious clique. They are so full themselves and are rude. The education is subpar, and not worth all the money you have to pay.
Pilgrim School is a small school that considers each students' needs whether they are academic, social, etc. The teachers genuinely wish to get close to the students which make the classroom atmosphere cozy and welcoming.
Pilgrim School is not like other pretentious Los Angeles private schools. As a recent alumni of Pilgrim, I can confidently say that Pilgrim helped me love what I was learning and helped me love learning in general. With teachers and administrators who treated students with a sense of equity and respect, school felt less like a job and more a community that works symbiotically. With an amazing STEM program, especially engineering, Pilgrim school helped me thrive and formulate and idea what I would like to major in during college. Cafeteria food is not good but thats about the biggest negative!
Its a great school to go to for elementary and middle school. It has great support and strives to get their students ready for college. The only problem would be their math program. It is not a good program and often makes students fall behind in that subject. But over all it is a great school to go to.
My son is in pre-K at Pilgrim School. We have had a great experience so far. The families are very down to earth and friendly. The teachers are very caring and have done a great job of teaching my son social-emotional and self-care skills.
It is a beautiful school,and the teacher is great,very friendly and responsible.The children are very happy at school.
Pilgrim is a very special place. Our children have been there for 7 years (middle school and high school) and Pilgrim has helped them grow into amazing students and human beings. The school is safe, ethical, academically-rigorous, thoughtful about pedagogy and fun. A kindness permeates the Pilgrim culture. The mixed-grade environment really helps the secondary students keep a reality check on teenage drama. Very supportive environment!
We have three kids at Pilgrim; a kindergartener, 5th and 7th grader. The community is warming and loving, and has definitely embraced our family since joining in 2015. The science projects, essay topics and language skills the kids come home with are fantastic, and there's a team of teachers and administrators who want to make sure each kids is thriving. So glad the field is done and we have parking - it's fantastic! Although founded by and associated with the First Congregational Church, bi-monthly chapels are focused on inclusion, values and helping kids navigate the ups and downs of daily life.
Pilgrim School is great if you are planning to go into the STEM field. It is also very involved about getting you into college. It has the best college counselor. While its curriculum is great, it is a small school so it is not necessarily the most diverse school.
Start Your Review of Pilgrim School
It's a nice school but has very limited academics. There are not as many opportunities here than other schools. It is a small school, and while that has its advantages, it also has its disadvantages. You know everything about everyone, and it is uncomfortable.
Pilgrim is a small close knit community. Everyone is friendly and many kids go out of there way to help others, especially the new kids. The teachers are some of the best and really care about you. You can form a close knit bond with them and really utilize teachers to further our education.
Pilgrim is a wonderfully diverse school which offers effective teachers and fosters tight-knit friends. Its course diversity, however, is somewhat lacking.