Pikeview High School is a public school located in Princeton, WV. It has 693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Pikeview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C83 Students
- A-69 Students
- C+64 Students
- B57 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+19 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+16 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Pikeview High School Reviews
The teachers are great. They really take the time for their planning to make sure they will have an optimum teaching experience. Everyone is friendly, but there are always a couple bad apples in the tree. But it hasn't even come close to ruining my learning and enjoyment of this school!
Pikeview High School in my opinion is the best school in this area. They have great academics and sports teams. What I really liked was the teachers. Every single one of them was great and always there to aid students in their education. They would go out of their way to help in anyway possible. Also, I liked the family atmosphere it had. Everyone knew everyone and it was tight knit group. The only thing I would liked to see change at the school is the athletic complex. They are getting outdated and need to be upgraded.
PikeVeiw High School is a fairly decent education facility. But, for everything good you can say about the school, there’s always something to counteract it. For example, the teachers are exceptional at pushing you to be successful in your education and getting you college ready. They work with you one on one and care personally if you pass or fail, if you’re putting in the effort. The problem is not many advanced or college level classes are currently being offered. As a senior this year, only one A.P classes is available, and last year a total of two. I would like to see more rigorous courses being offered to help students receive a head start in their post-secondary education. Something else that really stands out about the school, is that you feel safe. You’re never afraid to go to school because the faculty has put rules in place to keep bulling and harassment out of the halls.