Pike High School is an above average, public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 3,275 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Pike High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A715 Students
- B+593 Students
- B-482 Students
- A+433 Students
- B345 Students
- A-321 Students
- B+231 Students
- C+189 Students
- A-136 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.94 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.94 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.122 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.122 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.122 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.128 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.128 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.128 responses
Schools like Pike High School
- BLawrence North High School
- Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township, IN
- 528 reviews
- BSouthport High School
- Metropolitan School District of Perry Township, IN
- 256 reviews
- B-Warren Central High School
- Metropolitan School District of Warren Township, IN
- 642 reviews
- BBen Davis High School
- Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township, IN
- 506 reviews
Pike High School Reviews
I like how there is a place for everyone. There is a wide variety of clubs, sports and programs to be apart of. It may take some time but eventually you will find out where you fit in. Once you find the club, sport, or program that is perfect for you, you gain a new family with the other students who are apart of the activities. I found my place in show choir. I started out being in a regular choir my freshman and sophomore year. Towards the end of my sophomore year I decided that I wanted to live a little and try something different. I built up the courage to audition for my schools all girls show choir and luckily I got in! I loved the show choir so much that I decided to audition again to be in it my senior year. I had become so at home with show choir and met a lot of people who I now would consider being like family. Show choir helped me find my inner self and helped me step outside of my comfort zone.
A lot of people like to dog out their high school but when I think about Pike, I think about teachers who cared about making the content interesting for their students. I think about counselors who worked hard to build connections with students and help them accomplish their dreams. I also think about college advisors who helped Pike Seniors succeed and accomplish their academic and vocational goals. I remember visiting colleges in Kentucky and all over the state of Indiana before deciding on Ball State. Pike went out of its way to connect us to Pike alum who attended the university. My counselor printed out my transcript and had me meet with a speaker who came and talked to us about HBCUs. She looked at my transcript, my SATs and told me no matter where I decided to go, I would succeed. That was the learning environment that allowed for me to flourish and grow into the student I am today.
Pike High School provides its students with the opportunity to challenge themselves both socially and academically. Pike High School offers 27 AP classes as well as numerous honors and dual credit classes, providing its students with a wide range of rigorous classes to help challenge themselves and prepare them for college. Along with the many AP classes, Pike High School offers its students the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The IB DP provides students with unique academic courses that place emphasis on the students’ personal development. It encourages independent thinking and learning, and causes students to be culturally aware and engage with the people around them. No matter what your interests or what level of academia you are at, Pike High School has a class for you.