Pike County High School is a public school located in Brundidge, AL. It has 468 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Pike County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B104 Students
- A65 Students
- A62 Students
- A58 Students
- C+48 Students
- C-43 Students
- B43 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-32 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Pike County High School Reviews
Pike County High School is to be said as one of the best schools in the district. As I see the younger children getting smarter I'd say they are doing pretty well. Although this school may be smart pertaining to this district there are a lot of complaints from kids about food, education, and staff. Some teachers care and some do not but I think this may be in every school. The security could be better due to the fact that there has been an increase in school shootings but I have not seen any difference in that. The only security that this school has is the staff of the school. I rate the diversity low because the majority of the school is African Americans and Caucasians. Although this school could get better they do pretty well as they are. I grew up here so I'm used to everything but I'd like to see a slight change in security, food, and more classes.
Pike County is great overall! I would just like the discipline to ease up a little, for the one's who aren't misbehaving.
I attended Pike County High School 9-12. I was a little afraid at first but things began to change after about a week. Things were great but there were some obstacles, like every teen may struggle with. I really enjoyed being at this school, though I didn't really make friends because I am more of an introvert. I would recommend this school, the faculty and administration care about the well being of the students.