Piggott High School is a public school located in Piggott, AR. It has 448 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- A26 Students
- C+25 Students
- B17 Students
- B17 Students
- A-14 Students
- C+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- A-7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Piggott High School Reviews
One thing I would have to say that I love about this school is how close everyone is. A vast majority of the faculty live in Piggott and make themselves available to the students when they need extra help with coursework. If a student needed someone to talk about an issue at home or with other students the teachers make themselves available to help those students to speak to the counselor about the issues. I also have to say that the band program has become phenomenal in recent years. What used to be good is now amazing. One thing I would like to see change, however, is the lack of study halls that the students have. Maybe don't give students in lower grade levels study halls, but consider giving them to Juniors and Seniors. Those students take harder classes because they're reaching the end of their schooling and perhaps they're even taking college courses. They may need extra time during the school day to do work for those classes.
I attended Piggott High School and there are a few things that need to change. The Principal and VP often do not do their jobs. This is irritating because if a students goes to them for something serious, it needs to be taken care of. Also, I feel this school does not prepare you for college. Throughout my high school career, I do not believe I have learned the material that should prepare me for college.
Piggott High School has very nice gyms and very caring teachers. Through my experience going to school there, there is not anything I would change about it.