Pierson Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Sag Harbor, NY. It has 539 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Pierson Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+32 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A18 Students
- A-18 Students
- A17 Students
- A15 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pierson Middle/High School
- AMattituck Junior/Senior High School
- Mattituck-Cutchogue Union Free School District, NY
- 111 reviews
- AEast Hampton High School
- East Hampton Union Free School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- B+Southold Junior/Senior High School
- Southold Union Free School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- BHampton Bays High School
- Hampton Bays Union Free School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 69 reviews
Pierson Middle/High School Reviews
Pierson High School can offer a good education to any student who is motivated to work hard. I have had a pleasant experience at Pierson. Pierson is small, which means it has small social circles but it also means it is a very tight-knit school. It is nice to have a relationship with the teachers at Pierson, many of them go above and beyond to make sure their students understand and enjoy what they are learning. The IB diploma can be extremely stressful but rewarding. Pierson's sports teams are competitive. Pierson offers plenty academic and community service clubs, however, because Pierson is small options can be limited. Students continue to add more clubs each year. Some parents are extremely involved, arguably too involved. The administration is friendly but firm. The food is decent, the building is nice for a public high school, and the library can be an excellent resource. Pierson offers quality public education to students that want to learn.
Pretty good academics. You can tell a lot of the teachers really care. There's a multi-cultural night with lots of fun activities where the school tries to cover up the fact that its like 98% spoiled rich white kids. Most of the sports teams are good, others ehhh. A LOT of parents get involved. This school will definitely prepare you for college, if you do the IB program that is. Food is bad. Like really bad. Same with the facilities, bathrooms are gross and i don't mean high school bathroom gross, i mean murder scene gross. There was a stall that didn't have a door for a couple months in the girls bathroom, people still used it so i guess it wasn't that much of an issue. Anyways, a good school, but very small. So you'll be close with everyone, but your business becomes everyones business. Well at least we don't have a heroine problem like East Hampton's school does.
My only real complaint about Pierson is how the administrators are pushovers who act based on what know-it-all parents want and not what would be in the best interest of the students. Aside from that, Pierson was great for me-I got into a top college and even though the ib diploma program was just starting while I was there I feel like it really helped me think for myself and learn to study.