Pierce County High School is an above average, public school located in Blackshear, GA. It has 1,068 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Pierce County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+81 Students
- A+66 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-31 Students
- C28 Students
- NG28 Students
- B25 Students
- B-22 Students
- NG21 Students
- A+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Pierce County High School Reviews
They handle some things very well, as most should. We have lots of great accomplishments, some we have even made this year! My school is a very good school to be in, in our region alone we have top test scores.
I love the curriculum in school, I've learned so much from coming from Wayne county high to Pierce last year! They're definitely a good school, education wise, but structure wise, not so much. I also don't like that we don't have very much student involvement, such as pep rallies, like most schools do.
Pierce County High School is one of the best schools in my area and a high ranking school in the state. We have been told that other principles from across the state come to our school to observe how we operate so successfully. How can you not be pumped to be apart of a school such as that?! Our school is full of pride which makes everything more fun. Students participate in a wide variety of "spirit" boosting actives wether its goofy dress up days such as the 12 days of Christmas or packing out the stands for Friday night football games. Most importantly, our school focusses on academic success and providing us with numerous opportunities to excel in academics, not only for during high school but for college as well by providing college classes worth college credits. The combination of all of this makes our school unique and is why I would choose my school every time.