Piedmont Hills High School Reviews

I just graduated from Piedmont Hills this summer 2018. It's a great school with great teachers who truly want to see you succeed. They have so many clubs and sports available for you to join so you can try them out and see what you like and find your interests/hobbies. At Piedmont, I discovered my interest in photography and in Ballet Folklorico. One thing I would say is that there are some buildings at the school that are overdue to be fixed/rebuilt. Many of the cielings in the portables have water build up and sometimes they start to leak and the drama room and lockers are in need of a makeover.
I enjoyed my time at Piedmont Hills. I have grown to like some of the teachers that I had because they helped me grow over the years.
Piedmont Hills provides many excellent teachers who genuinely care about helping a student succeed in the subject.
Start Your Review of Piedmont Hills High School
My experience at Piedmont Hills High School was a great experience. One thing that I liked about the school, was the teachers at the school. They did their jobs well and taught the students what they wanted to teach us. They are fair with their grading and how much work they give the students.
Academically this is a great school to go to. The majority of teachers and staff are invested in the students succeeding, and lots of students are already high achieving. But the key is that those students make up mainly the seniors, the group I'm in. Now, underclassmen and juniors who are coming up are less focused on college and more attracted to how "popular" they can get. Despite this, remember the teachers are excellent and the education will put your kid light years ahead compared to other schools in the district. Campus wise, there are pretty parts, but remember, this is an ESSJ (East Side San Jose) school, so it won't get the same money for renovations as a Santa Teresa/ WSSJ , even though academically Piedmont is academically as achieving, if not more achieving. Among the schools in the district, this is definitely the one to choose, just make sure your student doesn't take it for granted.
It was a small school, which I liked because it was cozy and felt safe, but it was not very diverse. There are a lot of Asian students pursuing the same goals.
Piedmont Hills High School is one of the best high schools in my area and I truly believe the amazing teachers and faculty prepared for my years in college at UCLA.
My experience at Piedmont Hills was excellent and I could not have asked for a better school. The teachers I had throughout my high school career were fantastic at their jobs. Although, there were times when schoolwork would overwhelm me, all the work assigned to me served to help me pass my exams and finals. Additionally, the teachers were also very kind and understanding. When I was going through familial crises, my teachers offered nothing less than the comfort and time I desperately sought. It was through their kindness that I was able to pull through my second semester of senior year with grades beyond my expectation.
The staff is very welcoming and always encourage students to try their best, whether it be for academics, sports, etc. However, it seems the school lacks money for improvement of infrastructure and new educational material.
Piedmont Hills was a really fun learning environment and really focused on the safety of every student in the school. There was a very diverse student body, and everyone was friendly to one another. There were hardly any bullying cases, but when there was Piedmont made sure to crack down on it as soon as possible, holding no biases and interviewing everyone until a decision was made.
The educational aspects of Piedmont Hills were quite excellent compared to many of the other schools in the area. Funding for the school should be higher, as many of the facilities are simply sub par.
A lot of the teachers are not good at teaching. A lot of them give out assignments that do not aid in learning and waste your time. The food selection is terrible.
I loved the diversity of values and hard coursework provided at the High School. However, our district doesn't have a lot of money so it would be great to have more money to spend on student's educations and teacher's salaries.
As a student, I liked how the campus generally felt safe and there were a lot of extracurriculars and courses that challenge students academically. I feel that the school lacks a bit of diversity when it comes to ethnicity and background, such as how students grew up. There is a lot of pressure to academically perform at this school, but many students support each other and find ways to counter the pressure. Generally, the teachers and counselors were great; however, some of the administration had poor communication and never connected with any of the student body.
What I love about Piedmont Hills High School is it's diversity! It's diversity in academic courses, sports, clubs, and of course the students! I would not like for anything to change at this school!
Piedmont Hills High School is a very divert school with an excellent group of students and teachers. Their courses are very challenging and prepare you very well for college.
The drama department has a strong presence at Piedmont Hills High School. Musicals, dramas, and presentations done by the drama club send strong messages including antibullying. Bullying was not very present in the school.
Start Your Review of Piedmont Hills High School
What I like about this school is that it is very diverse. I got to meet new people, learn different cultures, and join fun clubs.
This school is competitive in both academics and sports. Teachers and staff really go out of their way to help students strive in academia, and prepare--sometimes over-prepare--them for post-secondary education and vocational schooling. Aside from the many vocational and academic resources provided, there are also various clubs (e.g. Memeology, Korean Fan Club, Lion Dance Club, Interact, Key Club, California Scholarship Foundation, etc.) and school events, particularly the biggest event of the year called F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.S. (Fun At Night Through Activities And Sports To Increase Class Spirit). The majority of students here are Asian (mostly Chinese and Vietnamese) but interestingly, our cultural clubs are quite diverse. An improvement that I'd love to see is freshly cooked food and healthier options for lunch.
My overall experience at Piedmont was a good one. However, most of the teachers I had were either really good or really bad. I have since graduated, but my younger sister still attends this school and I can see that the faculty has only gone downhill. Also, since I've graduated, the school has taken up "Common Core" teaching methods which forced my sister to retake some math classes that she had already passed. I feel that this was a setback for her.