Piedmont High School is an above average, public school located in Piedmont, AL. It has 381 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Piedmont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B101 Students
- C+56 Students
- A52 Students
- A45 Students
- A43 Students
- B24 Students
- B21 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Piedmont High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Piedmont High School
- A-Jacksonville High School
- Jacksonville City Schools, AL
- 60 reviews
- B-Cherokee County High School
- Cherokee County Schools, AL
- 26 reviews
- B-White Plains High School
- Calhoun County Schools, AL
- 53 reviews
- C+Hokes Bluff High School
- Etowah County Schools, AL
- 51 reviews
Piedmont High School Reviews
A small school but yet it has such a powerful influence in education. Here at piedmont learning is combined with MacBooks. I did not realize that in college I would have to make presentations. At Piedmont, I made so many presentations; I was totally prepared for college. Theres so many classes offered where you can explore different career paths whether its computer science, health careers, agriculture, and many more. The community support is huge, from sports to academics. Our facilities are up to date and things run smoothly. Students as seniors are prepared for the world by completing this program called 3P. It helps with your steps after college such as interview skills and do's and don'ts. I have to say I thought many of the lessons I learned were not going to be of much value, but after I left I knew exactly what I wanted my career path to be and I had obtained so many skills. Truly proud to be a bulldog!
Piedmont High School is one of the best high schools in the state of Alabama. The school gets you ready for college by taking advanced placement, dual enrollment, and honors courses. We get dual enrollment credit from our local college, Jacksonville State University. Piedmont is great in athletics, being great contenders for a state championship every year. Piedmont is an Apple accredited school. All of us students use MacBooks and use blackboard to summit our work and look at our grades. Piedmont also has a great band. The Piedmont Blue Knights have played in parades at Disney in Florida and the Great Smokey Mountains in Tennessee.
Piedmont High School is a public college-preparedness school. There are many opportunities to take honors and AP classes. However, the school uses MacBooks. This can be seen as a blessing but still a curse. As a student on a honors diploma taking as many AP classes as possible only 2 of those classes are taught. If you are on any diploma aside from a honors diploma your entire school experience is through a computer screen. There is no teaching or learning. It is disgraceful. It is beyond easy to cheat. In my AP Government class we rarely use computers and if we do it is for home assignments. I am forced to learn in that class by not using a computer. I have taken 4 and a half foreign languages online and cannot speak a word. Online classes are horrible. They are a contribution to the education crisis.