Piedmont Community Charter School is an above average, public, charter school located in Gastonia, NC. It has 1,245 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Piedmont Community Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+51 Students
- A-43 Students
- B36 Students
- C30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+23 Students
- B22 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Piedmont Community Charter School
- CKennedy Charter School
- Public School
- Charlotte, NC
- 4 reviews
- BEast Gaston High School
- Gaston County Schools, NC
- 194 reviews
- BEast Lincoln High School
- Lincoln County Schools, NC
- 163 reviews
- B+South Point High School
- Gaston County Schools, NC
- 148 reviews
Piedmont Community Charter School Reviews
Piedmont Community Charter School has given me a very comfortable home for the past four years. Small in student body size, classes are intimate and there is a sense of community. The school provides many options for the arts that most typical public high schools do not facilitate. PCCS certainly makes do with what it has, in terms of sports. As an arts-focused student, I would love to have some members of administration more focused or understanding of the arts, as I sometimes feel there is a disconnect between administration and the arts teachers/students. I feel that oftentimes, students are not fully aware of changes to the school dress code, as administration can be fickle about making changes under the radar and reporting students. I have seen some issues with enforcement of these policies. However, these issues are minimal and do not affect the daily life of students to a distracting level. Overall, Piedmont Community Charter School is a very good place to learn.
My overall experience at Piedmont Charter has been pretty good. However, in recent years there was a change in administration and not a good one. They focus more on dress code than on academics and have a habit of charging into classrooms unannounced and without knocking in the middle of class time. There is a very strict dress code that I would advise any incoming students to read very thoroughly because administration may try and change it halfway through the year. The teachers at Piedmont are great and because of the smaller environment of the school teachers form closer bonds with their students. In all honesty, my only serious complaint is with the administration.
Piedmont is a great school. I have only been there 2 years now and I have enjoyed the people, the teachers, and the administrators. Everyone at the school seems to care about our well being and they make sure our education is key daily. The school has laptops for all the high school kids so that we are able to take online classes, college online classes, and learn through using the computers.