Pickerington High School North is a highly rated, public school located in Pickerington, OH. It has 1,689 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Pickerington High School North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+423 Students
- A-312 Students
- A210 Students
- A-173 Students
- B102 Students
- B94 Students
- B-90 Students
- B+72 Students
- B-71 Students
- B-65 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Pickerington High School North
- B+Pickerington High School Central
- Pickerington Local School District, OH
- 416 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools, OH
- 314 reviews
- B+Canal Winchester High School
- Canal Winchester Local School District, OH
- 226 reviews
- B+Hamilton Township High School
- Hamilton Local School District, OH
- 118 reviews
Pickerington High School North Reviews
My experience at Pickerington High School North has been outstanding! Pickerington North gives you so many great opportunities. I’m currently in the Pickerington North Marching Band and I’ve been given the opportunity to go to London, England 2017-2018 New Year’s Day Parade! This year I am given the opportunity to go to California to perform in the 2018-2019 Rose Bowl Parade. They give amazing academic help. I was struggling in math and my teachers made a great effort in helping me and even scheduled times before/after school to help out! Pickerington North is also very strict on bullying. If someone is caught bullying they give consequences no matter what. Overall Pickerington North is very caring to the students and give amazing opportunities to them!
I absolutely loved my experience at Pickerington High School North!! I graduated class of 2019 and I am currently a freshman at Ohio University and I feel as if PHSN prepared me for college completely. I had an amazing time there and the people were all wonderful. The teachers, especially the ones teaching senior classes such as Sheri McClaren, Brad Harris, Christine Anasis, Melissa Heinrich and Marci Truex were all very understanding, funny and overall had outstanding personalities and were excellent teachers. They prepared me completely for all my college courses and I came into college already knowing lots of the material in subjects such as Precalculus, Psychology and Forensics/Biology. I can’t speak for all the counselors at PHSN although I’ve heard bad reviews but my counselor was Chad Gill and he was very helpful and always responded and met up with me quick whenever I was having an issue. He’s a great man with great communication skills. Overall, I loved PHSN!
Wonderful system. North has terrific teachers that assume the best of their students. They teach more, in less time, and go into more depth than many college classes. These students graduate with an education that grants them entrance to ANY school they might want to attend. It's never IF they want to go on to better things, it's simply WHAT do they want to do? They can do it all - thanks to Pickerington North!