Pickerington High School North is a highly rated, public school located in Pickerington, OH. It has 1,677 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Pickerington High School North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+310 Students
- A-250 Students
- A-157 Students
- A119 Students
- B85 Students
- B77 Students
- C+59 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-43 Students
- A43 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 109 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Pickerington High School North
- A-Pickerington High School Central
- Pickerington Local School District, OH
- 381 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools, OH
- 288 reviews
- A-Canal Winchester High School
- Canal Winchester Local School District, OH
- 211 reviews
- B+Hamilton Township High School
- Hamilton Local School District, OH
- 105 reviews
Pickerington High School North Reviews
My experience at Pickerington High School North has been outstanding! Pickerington North gives you so many great opportunities. I’m currently in the Pickerington North Marching Band and I’ve been given the opportunity to go to London, England 2017-2018 New Year’s Day Parade! This year I am given the opportunity to go to California to perform in the 2018-2019 Rose Bowl Parade. They give amazing academic help. I was struggling in math and my teachers made a great effort in helping me and even scheduled times before/after school to help out! Pickerington North is also very strict on bullying. If someone is caught bullying they give consequences no matter what. Overall Pickerington North is very caring to the students and give amazing opportunities to them!
Pickerington High School North has been fairly problematic the last few years. There have been lots and lots issues relating to student safety that the school has tried to solve, sometimes to no avail. Academically, there are various classes which range in difficulty to choose from (which is extremely nice) but the school is too GPA focused. For example, AP classes are graded on a 5.0 scale, but only if the student takes the $90+ exam. This means that a person with a B+ in the class who takes the AP exam, even if they get a 1, will receive a higher weighted GPA than the person who receives an A in class who didn’t take the exam. Clubs and sports are varied and it’s easy to make friends within these extracurriculars, but many are student-led, which means many are disorganized.
Pickerington North is an outstanding school when it comes to academics, teachers, and sports. The science department is out of this world and the teachers within the department are very helpful. A majority of the students are very kind and respect one another. PHSN prepared me for college and I've had no problems with it as well. The sports department is really good, especially there football and basketball teams.