Pickerington High School Central is a highly rated, public school located in Pickerington, OH. It has 1,655 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Pickerington High School Central Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+365 Students
- A-274 Students
- A-196 Students
- B132 Students
- A116 Students
- B98 Students
- C+82 Students
- B-70 Students
- A70 Students
- B66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Pickerington High School Central
- APickerington High School North
- Pickerington Local School District, OH
- 310 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools, OH
- 288 reviews
- A-Canal Winchester High School
- Canal Winchester Local School District, OH
- 211 reviews
- B+Hamilton Township High School
- Hamilton Local School District, OH
- 104 reviews
Pickerington High School Central Reviews
Pick. Central is a very great high school! It has excellent academics, teachers, and sports teams. People are welcoming so you make friends pretty easy! It also has a lot of clubs/ after-school activities to join such as multi-cultural club, drug free club, etc. Administrators and guidance counselors are invested in their students and are willing to help and guide you through high school while getting you ready for college. The school is also diverse and gives everyone of each race, ethnicity, and gender equal opportunities! The one thing I would change is probably having fries as a side for lunch everyday. Speaking of which, the cafeteria has many food options for vegetarians/vegans. There are also 2 sub assembly stations available for those who decide not to eat what’s on the menu for that day. Overall, Pickerington High School Central is a great school!
I am a very proud alum of PHSC! I feel like I am definitely the person I am today because of my experiences at this school and just the Pickerington school district in general. I was involved and sports and I can say that we had fantastic coaches, staff, and facilities that helped prepare us for competition and potentially college athletics. Pickerington is looked at very highly in terms of athletics and academics by colleges, employers, and citizens of Ohio and I would definitely recommend this school and district to any family considering moving into the district.
While I have been at this school, I have had great teachers and terrible teachers. I have known great people, average people, and people I can't stand. The food sucks, and is unhealthy as a general rule, up the lunch ladies are kind and understanding. We had a teacher start a relationship with an underage student this year, so that was interesting. The focus on sports ( and by sports I mean football and sometimes basketball, forget the rest ) are great, we earned multiple state championships just this year! There is also a focus on academics which push students to do well on standardized tests and get good grades which is a positive thing.