Pickerington High School Central is an above average, public school located in Pickerington, OH. It has 1,717 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pickerington High School Central Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+490 Students
- A-361 Students
- A253 Students
- B158 Students
- A-150 Students
- B131 Students
- B-121 Students
- B-97 Students
- B+89 Students
- B-89 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Schools like Pickerington High School Central
- APickerington High School North
- Pickerington Local School District, OH
- 346 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools, OH
- 314 reviews
- B+Canal Winchester High School
- Canal Winchester Local School District, OH
- 226 reviews
- B+Hamilton Township High School
- Hamilton Local School District, OH
- 118 reviews
Pickerington High School Central Reviews
I am senior at Pick Central, who will be graduating Saturday May 23rd! Through the four years I’ve been here, I learned so much within this school, and our school pride. It’s a pretty good school to attend, I hope the school spirit lives on for many years to come. I have some of my favorite teachers and administrators there, I wish I can go back one more time with my class to say goodbyes and have fun but covid-19 has made that impossible. I had some pretty good memories at this school, I’m glad I ended up going here besides any other high school.
The staff and administration at PHSC is incredible. There are lots of people and they manage to get everything done. I love the way all the teachers and staff make sure they get to know you and make time for you. We are able to express our thoughts and opinions without getting judged. They constantly make sure we are safe and know what’s going on in the school whether it’s sports, theatre, or clubs. The food service is great with lots of variety and there is a club for anyone!
Pick. Central is a very great high school! It has excellent academics, teachers, and sports teams. People are welcoming so you make friends pretty easy! It also has a lot of clubs/ after-school activities to join such as multi-cultural club, drug free club, etc. Administrators and guidance counselors are invested in their students and are willing to help and guide you through high school while getting you ready for college. The school is also diverse and gives everyone of each race, ethnicity, and gender equal opportunities! The one thing I would change is probably having fries as a side for lunch everyday. Speaking of which, the cafeteria has many food options for vegetarians/vegans. There are also 2 sub assembly stations available for those who decide not to eat what’s on the menu for that day. Overall, Pickerington High School Central is a great school!