Pickerington High School Central Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+233 Students
- A-167 Students
- A-121 Students
- B96 Students
- A68 Students
- B-52 Students
- C+46 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-36 Students
- A35 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Pickerington High School Central Reviews
Review Pickerington High School Central
I think the best part about Central is the school spirit and the sports. Everyone no matter what grade always comes out to support our athletic teams all year around. Also 8 times out of 10 you get an awesome teacher, which makes coming to school not so bad. The worst part about Central is the food. The food is just so gross and it's the same thing every week. I know a lot of students who don't even eat lunch because of it. If I could do high school all over again at Central I would. When you're there for four years you meet so many awesome people, that come form many cultures. My over all experience is pretty good. I've enjoyed it every much!
Overall, my high school experience was average. I went through the highest and lowest times of my teenage years while walking these halls. Usually, the staff and faculty were warm, kind people. The lunch ladies were friendly and I treated them with respect. The teachers were fun, easy to connect with, and I was able to build lasting relationships with them. The faculty, especially people such as Mr. P, were astoundingly kind. They would joke and have fun with us students, while also not being afraid to get serious, tell us about life, and in turn, give us advice. If I could change PHSC, I would change the amount of changes we constantly go through. Every year, something changes, whether that's scheduling, start and end times, parking, what standardized tests we will be taking, etcetera.
I'm a senior this year and it is horrible. They tow cars even if your in the right parking space. The counselors are terrible, they tell you stuff that isn't true. The counselors don't follow up with you at all. For my senior class, they have taken away most of the senior activities because of the class of 2016. The food gets worse everyday. Some of my teachers don't care about anything and they don't care to explain something that you don't understand and when they do explain, the teachers seem to have an attitude. Racial comments are always made by other students and teachers. In previous years, bomb threats have been made. Nobody feels safe. It is not a school I would recommend to anyone. Everyone seems to say Pickerington has the best school district, when it really isn't.