Pickerington High School Central
- Pickerington, OH
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Pickerington High School Central is a highly rated, public school located in Pickerington, OH. It has 1,773 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Pickerington High School Central Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+577 Students
- grade A minus413 Students
- grade A minus290 Students
- grade A minus185 Students
- grade B171 Students
- grade B150 Students
- grade B minus134 Students
- grade B minus111 Students
- grade B104 Students
- grade A100 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 151 responses
- Football games19%
- In-School Theatre Performances12%
- Talent Show11%
- Pep Rallys9%
- Basketball games9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 47 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,011 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 62 responses
Schools like Pickerington High School Central
- grade APickerington High School North
- Pickerington Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 360 reviews
- grade ALincoln High School
- Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools, OH
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 328 reviews
- grade B+Canal Winchester High School
- Canal Winchester Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 227 reviews
- grade BHamilton Township High School
- Hamilton Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 120 reviews
Pickerington High School Central Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 437 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As a Pickerington High School Cental Tiger Junior (as of 2020-2021), I am pretty proud to call this school my alma mater. I began my education in Dublin, Ohio, switched to a Columbus Public School, returned to Dublin, then finally settled in the hills of Pickerington, Ohio. I've been in this school system the longest, rightfully so. Similar to any collegiate pride, you automatically feel the same way when you step inside PHSC. The tiger pride is everywhere! Of course, there are still small deficiencies, but it's like that anywhere. There is no racial inequality at Central. Everyone belongs, and it's expressed throughout the actions of the amazing teachers and staff. There are several police officers on campus and any violence is handled accordingly. The food is a little expensive but well worth it. The sports teams play at an elite level, which increases our school pride. The music department is incredible, which is why I participate in the choir. If possible, I would've given a 4.5.
I am senior at Pick Central, who will be graduating Saturday May 23rd! Through the four years I’ve been here, I learned so much within this school, and our school pride. It’s a pretty good school to attend, I hope the school spirit lives on for many years to come. I have some of my favorite teachers and administrators there, I wish I can go back one more time with my class to say goodbyes and have fun but covid-19 has made that impossible. I had some pretty good memories at this school, I’m glad I ended up going here besides any other high school.
Pickerington High School Central is very focused on diversity and inclusion, allowing for people of many different cultures to be able to express themselves and teach others. I believe that the desire to teach others about the different cultures that play a role in creating Pickerington High School Central is a unique an dimportant trait that influences the success of the school. They are also very focused on sports and the community involvement with those sports. The emphasis on sports in the school allows the community to be involved and support the students. These rising sports players also offer good athletic and educational role models for the younger students of Pickerington Local School District.