Pickens County High School is a public school located in Jasper, GA. It has 1,341 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Pickens County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+133 Students
- B125 Students
- B123 Students
- B+73 Students
- A-53 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-51 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+44 Students
- C-41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Pickens County High School Reviews
Growing up in a small town, it was nice to graduate from the same school my mom and grandmother received there high diploma from. Also knowing the people that you attended school with and the teachers. Pickens County High was a great experience in many ways from a freshman to a senior, many great experiences from playing sports to making great friends, staff and administrative.
My experience at Pickens was great I instantly made so many new friends because I came in my junior year. Throughout my years of school I have struggled in certain subjects. But my grades have been greater then they ever have been before and that is to the teachers at Pickens I love them all and it is a great school!
Pickens High School is in a relatively small town. This can be a bonus as well as a downside when it comes to reviewing the experience this school has to offer. While it is nice to be in small class settings and to know most of the people you go to school with, it can also get in the way with news spreading or gossip. Overall, the small knit school experience is awesome and allows you to better have a relationship with your teachers.