Picayune Memorial High School is a public school located in Picayune, MS. It has 900 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Picayune Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-107 Students
- B94 Students
- A84 Students
- A-62 Students
- B+30 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-23 Students
- B-22 Students
- A20 Students
- B-19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Picayune Memorial High School Reviews
Picayune Memorial High School is an okay school. It's like every other high school; girls getting pregnant, people getting bullied, teachers not knowing how to do their jobs, and the football team getting special treatment. The school system is rigged to be in favor of certain people. Almost every teacher at the school is closely related (wife, husband, sister, cousin, etc.)
I attended Picayune Memorial High School for my entire high school years. I feel as if this school did not prepare me for college at all. Also, the administration was terrible. The principal cared more about what color shoes you had on rather than your education. The food was terrible. Sports, especially football, was a huge thing. I would not recommend anyone to attend this school.
I have recently graduated from PMHS. I rate the school a two because you would find they are not very helpful and often provide nonsatisfactory assistance and care in academics. Aside from some teachers, bare minimum is required of students, and most of the time you can forget help unless you happen to be in a sports group. You are told to seek counselors for answers, but they are often not in their offices. I had the most assistance in the CATC.