Phoenixville Area High School Reviews

PAHS has truly supportive and dedicated teachers and staff. Lots of sports and clubs throughout the academic year make making friends and getting involved easy. One thing I would change is allowing students to sign up for the lunch period that works best for them. One lunch period is very early and another really late in the day.
PAHS Back to School Night was awesome tonight! I am so impressed by the caliber of teachers. And we are very fortunate to have Dr. Parkinson as our principal! He truly loves his job and it shows on his face everyday!
Dr. Parkinson and his team have created a great safe environment for all kids to learn and grow. The school allows for true multi cultural and diverse thinking with great respect for the individual person. Lots of school spirit and things to do as students and parents. Great facilities, well managed programs and a high after HS placement rate makes PAHS a great place to launch a life :)
Start Your Review of Phoenixville Area High School
I graduated the Phoenixville Area High School (PAHS) in 2017. The district has taken steps to allow different families to be apart of the academics increasing the ethnic groups in the area. They have letters written to parents in English and Spanish. They also offer English as a second language class where kids who don't speaks english are taught and assisted in their other classes. There are also classes for special needs kids. PAHS offers a wide variety of classes, with a large selection of AP classes. They have AP classes starting freshman year. My teachers were always there for me. I played soccer so I traveled a lot and my teachers would email me assignments, review homework and give extensions when needed. We weren't always the best school for sports but there were always fans at home games. We always said that we are a family with a "ph". Everyone had a friend, group or club they could rely on. No school would have given me what I took away from my time at Phoenixville.
Excellent environment. Teachers are relatable and usually understanding. Administration is second to none and the athletics have made a complete 180 in the last 5 five or so years. Students work hard to create and maintain a culture throughout the school. A fantastic place to spend 4 years!
Phoenixville Area High School is a great school. They offer so many different academic opportunities for students to learn what they might want to do for a career, or at least what they would want to study more in college. They offer more AP courses than any other school in the district. It's a great school!
PAHS is a great highschool with a lot of opportunity to get out of it what you put in it. There are a variety of courses you can take to meet your graduation requirements. The school is also very involved in the community and holds a ton of interesting and charitable events.
Phoenixville is a great school. The education is amazing and the students only cause so much trouble. Fights are very rare. The food isn't too bad and there's always an activity going on. Plus the teachers are very nice and willing to help you.
The teachers are great. They care about the students. Lots of after school activities. I especially enjoy their Theater clubs. The teachers and principals need to value our opinion at times is what I would like to change.
Great selection of courses offered for all types of students. High volume of AP courses offered. School Administration takes an active role within the school community. Teachers and Administration are supportive of students activities inside and outside of school.
Phoenixville is a great high school with lots to offer in the way of clubs, teachers, academics, diversity, and sports. Our academics are top notch with plenty of options to take AP classes, which are strongly encouraged by the teaching staff. The teachers are pretty good overall and definitely tend to be better in higher level courses such as Honors and AP. The school has a designated 30-minute time slot in place after school for teachers to be able to help kids who are struggling in class. Diversity is something our school take prides in as we have plenty of it here. There are numerous club activities you can take part in such as Ski Club, or Youth and Philanthropy, just to name a couple. Sports here are fun and exciting. The football team isn't the best in the area, but our cross country and swimming teams are very good. And spring sports like baseball are looking good too. Overall I have found it to be a great place to expand my knowledge.
I find Phoenixville Area HS to be a very comfortable place. It is easy to make friends because a lot of people are the same class to class. The teachers are also very easy to get along with (for the most part). Some are real sticklers, but that is just part of their personality. I do, however, feel that the administration at Phoenixville treats us young adults as children. We have few rights and freedoms that I feel we deserve.
Offers a lot of advance classes, but it seems that the school and its administration push too many kids into advance classes that they weren't properly prepared for, as to seem like a better school.
Phoenixville Area High School is a place where you can feel welcomed and know you're going to get a great education. The students exhibit a great example of diversity and that all people from different cultures are welcomed. The teachers are really there to help you prepare for college and other courses that a student might come across within his or her lifetime. There are various clubs and activities that a student would like to participate in to make their experience at Phoenixville unforgettable.
The parents and teachers are very involved, however hardly prepared me for college. It's a fine school if you're willing to work hard. They like to push kids who do poorly to take AP classes to make them look better.
The school is overall very successful in its attempts to prepare and educate its students. I have had countless opportunities to prepare myself for college, and to generally find subjects that I am interested in.
I had a lot of experience here. One thing that I liked about this schools is that my friends are here and I've learned a lot. One thing that could change is the food.
Start Your Review of Phoenixville Area High School
Awesome school district. I really fell in love once I got into highschool because of the guidance department. They have been so helpful in pushing students to achieve more and strive for greatness.
Phoenixville is as great a school as you make it. If you are a smart, involved, and motivated student, it's an awesome place to be. There are over 20 AP courses available, many of which have enthusiastic and helpful teachers. There are a great variety of clubs and activities available to students. The teachers and administrators strongly encourage us to be involved and challenge ourselves.

If you are not a motivated student, however, the experience is not great. Although there are many great teachers, there are also many bad ones, especially at the lower academic levels. There is a significant and noticeable gap in achievement at PAHS.
Overall a pretty positive experience. There definitely were staff and programs that aided me in my success of graduating from this school.I did not however like the attitudes of certain teachers when corrected on pronunciation of students names. Some would not spell, or say them correctly or mock them.