Phoenixville Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Phoenixville, PA. It has 1,093 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Phoenixville Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+109 Students
- A108 Students
- B98 Students
- A73 Students
- A+61 Students
- A-59 Students
- A46 Students
- B34 Students
- A33 Students
- B32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Phoenixville Area High School
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 233 reviews
- ASouderton Area Senior High School
- Souderton Area School District, PA
- 270 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 233 reviews
- APerkiomen Valley High School
- Perkiomen Valley School District, PA
- 275 reviews
Phoenixville Area High School Reviews
Phoenixville Area High School is a great school. They offer so many different academic opportunities for students to learn what they might want to do for a career, or at least what they would want to study more in college. They offer more AP courses than any other school in the district. It's a great school!
I graduated the Phoenixville Area High School (PAHS) in 2017. The district has taken steps to allow different families to be apart of the academics increasing the ethnic groups in the area. They have letters written to parents in English and Spanish. They also offer English as a second language class where kids who don't speaks english are taught and assisted in their other classes. There are also classes for special needs kids. PAHS offers a wide variety of classes, with a large selection of AP classes. They have AP classes starting freshman year. My teachers were always there for me. I played soccer so I traveled a lot and my teachers would email me assignments, review homework and give extensions when needed. We weren't always the best school for sports but there were always fans at home games. We always said that we are a family with a "ph". Everyone had a friend, group or club they could rely on. No school would have given me what I took away from my time at Phoenixville.
I have had many memories at this school. I am very into clubs. I was particularly in Band, Marching Band, and Theatre Guild. These are the three best clubs at the school. The marching band specifically was the best!