Philo High School Reviews

Education is good for the area, diversity is very low though. Some sports get a lot of funding while others get none. Did offer college classes for the time I was there
I love the teachers and how much everyone is willing to help each other. The love that everyone has for one another is like no other.
The school has many resources available to them, but rarely uses them to better the students in meaningful ways. Sports seem to dominate here like many other schools, and more academic clubs and programs should be fostered.
Start Your Review of Philo High School
Philo has a lot of good students, but also a few kids that like to cause trouble. The teachers are overall good, although there are some that do not teach whatsoever and they made me have a bad experience. Philo high school offers post secondary classes at the high school which is nice because I can stay in the school that I’m used to and still get college credit.
Administration could be better, does not offer AP classes anymore and small number of College classes.
I honestly like this school being in the district since birth it has grown on me. I love how the teachers are extremely happy to be there and not like it's by force and they actually seem to enjoy their job. If you are having a bad day someone will pull you aside and ask you if your okay the people here care about you and your mental health.At this school there is a week we call spirit week and everyday is a new topic which students can dress up and act to match the topic it is fun and a great way to get ready for our games.
Once I got into High School, I realized that the students here were more friendly and wanted to know who everyone was. The teachers are amazing and want to help you learn. They also want to push you to do better and I trust them to where I can tell them anything. I love learning and the academics here at Philo test my knowledge and make me want to do harder more preparing classes. My schools always makes sure we have a plan after high school and if we're going to college we're taught about scholarships, grants, and loans. The food is definitely not the best but it's definitely not the worst.
I enjoy the teachers that I have. One thing I would like to change is how the school system handles bullying.
More options for music and the arts. Music teachers have to much of a work load. Grade school and middle school music options are almost non existent.
Needed improvement.
I went to Philo High School for all four years of my high school career and just graduated this May. I moved here as an incoming freshman. I was welcomed with open arms in to the band program and we took our band to State competition all 4 years. In our last year, we receive the highest rating you can at state judging.
I very much enjoyed my years at Philo High School. Most of the teachers were very nice and would help you if you asked them. The classroom sizes were nice. The thing I would like to see change is the way students and teachers interact with each other. In my four years being at Philo. Bullying was a HUGE problem and I believe it needs to change.
Our school provides a very caring and safe environment for students. I wish there were more advanced and college classes available at our high school.
Philo has taken strides in recent years to update curriculum and the environment that students are learning in. Unfortunately, I went to Philo before some of these improvements were put into place. My experience was average. The budget for our school was nothing special so it was as most public schools are.
Honestly the best thing about Philo High School is that it set me up to go through the Pathways to Engineering program at Zane State College which really prepared me for college.
I love the atmosphere at Philo High Schol. There aren't too many incidences of bullying, and teachers generally have a desire to help you on your way to your future. I would really like to see there be an increase in diversity and a breakdown of social borders, but those are common problems in most schools. I'd also like to see there be more challenging options as far as coursework goes. Sometimes, I don't feel challenged with the content that is provided in my classes. Other than that, the sports and music programs are fantastic! I'm very thankful that this is where I grew up.
I moved here from a school I had to all my life prior to switching schools my junior year and it was hard, the teachers are very nice but the students could be better there are lots of kids that gave me dirty looks and things but since I have been here for about a year now it has gotten better but I am still ready to move they're too much of a school that cares about what everyone thinks and it is really frustrating, it is impossible to please every single individual and they just don't seem to understand that.
I went to Philo since I was in pre school. I started in pre school and graduated in 2015. I thought Philo was a great school with a good sports team. I didn't play any sports but I supported those who did. Philo was good about supporting those who played sports. I had good grades at Philo and would recommend others to attend there. My cousins live in Zanesville but go to Philo. My entire family has always gone to Philo, its a tradition and a great school.
Start Your Review of Philo High School
When I first got to Philo High School my Freshman year, all of the teachers were there to help. They listened when you needed to talk and helped when you needed help. Overall, the teachers are what make this school such a great school.
I had a great experience at Philo High School while I was a student. I never really had a problem with any teachers. I felt like my teachers really prepared me well for college. The atmosphere at the school was really friendly when I was going there. The school gives you a lot of opertunitys as a sudent to take college classes while in high school so you can get a few year done of college before you go. I really am proud to be an alum of Philo High School.
Philo is very serious about education and having one ready for after graduation. In my four years here, I've noticed they do turn their heads for certain student. They are definitely not fair with punishment especially if you're not a teachers kid.