Philo High School is a public school located in Duncan Falls, OH. It has 511 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Philo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-47 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-27 Students
- B23 Students
- B18 Students
- A-18 Students
- A15 Students
- B13 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Philo High School
- BWest Muskingum High School
- West Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
- B+John Glenn High School
- East Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 128 reviews
- BTri-Valley High School
- Tri-Valley Local School District, OH
- 51 reviews
- B-Maysville High School
- Maysville Local School District, OH
- 50 reviews
Philo High School Reviews
I love the atmosphere at Philo High Schol. There aren't too many incidences of bullying, and teachers generally have a desire to help you on your way to your future. I would really like to see there be an increase in diversity and a breakdown of social borders, but those are common problems in most schools. I'd also like to see there be more challenging options as far as coursework goes. Sometimes, I don't feel challenged with the content that is provided in my classes. Other than that, the sports and music programs are fantastic! I'm very thankful that this is where I grew up.
I moved here from a school I had to all my life prior to switching schools my junior year and it was hard, the teachers are very nice but the students could be better there are lots of kids that gave me dirty looks and things but since I have been here for about a year now it has gotten better but I am still ready to move they're too much of a school that cares about what everyone thinks and it is really frustrating, it is impossible to please every single individual and they just don't seem to understand that.
Philo has taken strides in recent years to update curriculum and the environment that students are learning in. Unfortunately, I went to Philo before some of these improvements were put into place. My experience was average. The budget for our school was nothing special so it was as most public schools are.