Philo High School is a public school located in Duncan Falls, OH. It has 496 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Philo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-61 Students
- A+51 Students
- C+35 Students
- B33 Students
- C+29 Students
- B24 Students
- A-21 Students
- A19 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Philo High School
- BWest Muskingum High School
- West Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
- BJohn Glenn High School
- East Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 131 reviews
- BTri-Valley High School
- Tri-Valley Local School District, OH
- 51 reviews
- B-Maysville High School
- Maysville Local School District, OH
- 54 reviews
Philo High School Reviews
Once I got into High School, I realized that the students here were more friendly and wanted to know who everyone was. The teachers are amazing and want to help you learn. They also want to push you to do better and I trust them to where I can tell them anything. I love learning and the academics here at Philo test my knowledge and make me want to do harder more preparing classes. My schools always makes sure we have a plan after high school and if we're going to college we're taught about scholarships, grants, and loans. The food is definitely not the best but it's definitely not the worst.
Philo has a lot of good students, but also a few kids that like to cause trouble. The teachers are overall good, although there are some that do not teach whatsoever and they made me have a bad experience. Philo high school offers post secondary classes at the high school which is nice because I can stay in the school that I’m used to and still get college credit.
The school has many resources available to them, but rarely uses them to better the students in meaningful ways. Sports seem to dominate here like many other schools, and more academic clubs and programs should be fostered.