Phillips Exeter Academy Reviews

Phillips Exeter Academy is rigorous, so very rigorous. I have never been more challenged, had less sleep, or stressed out more than when I was at PEA. I have also never been so intellectually stimulated by my classes and my friends and my teachers. PEA is difficult, there is no avoiding that, but it is an unparalleled place of learning and an experience that has changed my life.
Exeter is overall an amazing experience. I felt there was a hefty amount of schoolwork which eventually became too overbearing.
Exeter has been one of the greatest things to ever happen to me and it's only been my first year! When people are asked what they like most about Exeter, they kind of just say "the people" as a default, but it's honestly so true. There are 1100 people, but anyone can find a community through various groups. My dorm has been one of my favorite places on campus with the greatest people and I'm glad to be here. Sure, the work is challenging, but everyone pushes me to work harder and do well. I hope to experience more in the future.
Start Your Review of Phillips Exeter Academy
As a first-generation student, Exeter was a dream and a half. I had access to resources and a way of teaching––the Harkness method––that I never thought would be possible to experience in my life. Exeter prepared me for college––I still believe that it was more rigorous than many of my college courses now. On the flip side, Exeter had a dangerous culture for competition and burn out. I am still repairing myself in terms of how I view my self-worth in relation to my grades and accolades.
Phillips Exeter Academy has offered me a place where I could meet the most amazing peers and alumni connection. This place has truly shaped me to be the person I am today. Yet at the same time, while I love this place, there are some aspects about this school that have not been so great such as the administration and certain teachers.
Absolutely amazing experience. I'm a current senior at Phillips Exeter Academy, and it has been one of the most fulfilling three years of my life.

The academics can be VERY rigorous, and the schedule a bit busy, but the students and teachers I've been surrounded with are among highest academic quality in the world. 5/5.
The Harkness learning method of Phillips Exeter Academy is what makes the academic experience like no other. All of the courses are taught in the Harkness style and the Harkness learning style offers a learning opportunity like no other. Instead of being lectured at by a teacher all day, students are able to engage in conversations about the learning material, allowing them to learn from each other's perspectives and open up new horizons.
I love the Harkness style of discussion based learning and the school's recognition of its own changing culture. During my time here, I particularly enjoyed the cross country and track teams and was very happy in the dorm. I'm glad this school has brought me together with amazing people and given me the chance to improve my leadership and communication skills. The amount of care for students, from the amazing facilities to the concern of teachers, is beyond anything I expected. Another important part of my Exeter experience was the music program and the amazing faculty who run it.
Phillips Exeter Academy is a great school academically. It offers several courses that my public school back home would have never offered. It offers classes from beginner ceramics to Existentialism to Children's Literature to psychology. The teachers at Exeter are just breathtaking. There are several teachers who are well known poets, authors, textbook writers, math coaches, etc. Each teacher brings something different to the table and I think that with the academic classes, it makes the school just superb. Like all schools however it has some issues, but I have noticed that in the past years the administration has taken action to discuss and address the issues.
I loved my experience at Exeter. Truly the most incredible school in the world. I will miss Exeter dearly. Academics are unparalleled, people are wonderful, teachers are brilliant.
Phillips Exeter Academy turned into my home away from home. I have nothing bad to say about the school, faculty, facilities, ect. They provide you with everything necessary to achieve success.
Going to Phillips Academy has been a life-changing experience. Learning is actually fun, for once. The teachers are passionate about what they do and the extracurricular options are so diverse.Even if it can sometimes be rough, I have learned and will continue to learn a crazy amount here. I have made some amazing and out of the world friends. I recommend this school to anyone who has the opportunity and academic qualifications to get in.
I am certain that I have received an excellent education at PEA. While Harkness learning often seems like an easy road to take, these discussion based classes were more than rigorous and continuously challenged our critical thinking skills. My only concern with Exeter's approach to learning is that the rigor of Exeter academics often leaves students questioning their abilities. This sentiment is shared by a majority of its students, and this feeling of "not being smart enough" can follow its graduates into their college years. While I recognize the doors open to me after completing my high school years here, I also recognize that the self-deprecation build within its students goes beyond humility.
I have absolutely loved my time at Exeter. It's a grind, but that's what I signed up for. I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity to live and learn here.
This is a school that brought me more opportunities than I've ever had. Wealthy, diverse, and challenging, I experienced so many life-long lessons along with an amazing Harkness education. I grew to be confident about my voice because of the ample opportunities to use it. I went abroad for the first time because Exeter made it affordable for me. Exeter is awesome.
Phillips Exeter Academy has been an amazing experience. It is a wonderful community that supports its students and staff, and, if something does go wrong, the administration always tries its best to make sure the students' lives get better. Its a diverse community, and everyone is supportive of each other.
Phillips Exeter Academy is an amazing school with countless opportunities and incomparable diversity. As a student I could not picture myself anywhere else, despite the competitive environment and challenging curriculum.
Start Your Review of Phillips Exeter Academy
This is truly an excellent school. The quality education is the best in the world. I wish a lot more student will get an opportunity to experience this quality education. Many student works very hard to attend this school
I am a student at the school and I enjoy learning and being there. I have made lots of new friends with other students and even the teachers. I love the events we have there and the clubs because it helps me to bond with people even more.
PEA is both the best and worst thing I have ever been a part of. Because it is a boarding school, I hardly ever see my parents or my dog, and I miss eating good food. But at Exeter, I not only learned how to manage my time and stress, I also became a part of a community which truly cared about learning and achieving. I have made so many good memories at Exeter, and though I am ready to graduate, I want to take a part if it with me.