Overall Niche Grade
Phillips Academy is a public, magnet school located in Birmingham, AL. It has 703 students in grades PK, K-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Phillips Academy
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Phillips Academy Reviews
Overall Phillips is a wonderful school! The teachers were great and very helpful. My favorite experience would have to be the pep rallies at the YMCA across the street.Team support, especially at football games, were almost always 100%! It was a great to see everyone cheering for a win from the Phillips Lions. While we enjoyed sports the main focus was academics, which makes this school unique from others. I would definitely choose Phillips as the best K-8 school in the state.
While I attended Phillips technology was available, but it was not the best, as many computers in the lab did not work. Aside from this my experience at Phillips was enjoyable. All classes (6th-8th gr) were considered Pre-AP and did prepare me for AP classes. Most teachers did not mind tutoring on certain days after school and parent involvement was important and prevalent especially with the PTA.
We practiced health and safety rule frequently.