Founded in 1778, Phillips Academy, also known as Andover, is an independent, coeducational secondary school with an expansive worldview and a legacy of academic excellence. It is a high school that stands ready to meet, match, and expand the minds and passions of some of the brightest students in the nation and the world. It is a place of great tradition and innovation. Because of its size, Andover offers enormous depth and breadth of activity and opportunity while still feeling like a personal place. With a roster of over 300 courses, 150+ electives, plus independent study and study abroad, the opportunities for growth are limitless. Andover’s “need blind” admission policy is one of the most comprehensive and generous among secondary schools.
Phillips Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+150 Students
- A+135 Students
- A+133 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+119 Students
- A+118 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+73 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Phillips Academy Reviews
Phillips Academy would rival the most illustrious universities and colleges in academic rigor, intellectual and artistic opportunities, inspirational and enlightened academic programs encouraging challenging, rigorous and creative pursuits on an amazing campus in Boston suburbs.
Phillips Academy is blessed with Incredible athletic facilities, and a unique art museum on an idyllic 250+ acre campus in the heart of Andover, Mass, near the rich history and incredible academic, artistic, and historical institutions of Boston, and 20 miles from the beauty of the Massachusetts shores.
Phillips Academy has a rich history of illustrious students who share a deep commitment to each other, their alma mater, and the world we all share to make a positive difference.