- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Founded in 1778, Phillips Academy, also known as Andover, is an independent, coeducational secondary school with an expansive worldview and a legacy of academic excellence. It is a high school that stands ready to meet, match, and expand the minds and passions of some of the brightest students in the nation and the world. It is a place of great tradition and innovation. Because of its size, Andover offers enormous depth and breadth of activity and opportunity while still feeling like a personal place. With a roster of over 300 courses, 150+ electives, plus independent study and study abroad, the opportunities for growth are limitless. Andover’s “need blind” admission policy is one of the most comprehensive and generous among secondary schools.
Phillips Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+179 Students
- A+163 Students
- A+153 Students
- A+141 Students
- A+139 Students
- A+135 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+80 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Phillips Academy Reviews
Even though I knew how special Andover was, I experienced an even better Andover through my daughter. She was a smart girl before, but she developed such confidence, particularly in math and science. I watched the self-doubt become controlled and I saw a true leader develop. Even when there was a disappointment, she knew that she could power through it with the skills she possessed.
And the friendships! She has life-long friends, both boarders and day students, boys and girls, athletes and non-athletes. All are smart, confident, and succeeding in their fields, now that Andover is behind them. But, you never lose Andover; it is always with you, allowing you to strive and succeed in every way.