Founded in 1778, Phillips Academy, also known as Andover, is an independent, coeducational secondary school with an expansive worldview and a legacy of academic excellence. It is a high school that stands ready to meet, match, and expand the minds and passions of some of the brightest students in the nation and the world. It is a place of great tradition and innovation. Because of its size, Andover offers enormous depth and breadth of activity and opportunity while still feeling like a personal place. With a roster of over 300 courses, 150+ electives, plus independent study and study abroad, the opportunities for growth are limitless. Andover’s “need blind” admission policy is one of the most comprehensive and generous among secondary schools.
Phillips Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+118 Students
- A+108 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Phillips Academy Reviews
Andover teaches you so many life skills, that become more evident how useful they are the more you experience what gets thrown your way...college, business, challenges and opportunities.
Andover is the greatest investment in oneself and one’s education you could ever offer.