Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School is a public school located in Philipsburg, PA. It has 536 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+44 Students
- C+35 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-25 Students
- B22 Students
- A20 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-15 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School
- C+Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School
- Clearfield Area School District, PA
- 143 reviews
- BTyrone Area High School
- Tyrone Area School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- B-Curwensville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Curwensville Area School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- C-Moshannon Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Moshannon Valley School District, PA
- 16 reviews
Philipsburg-Osceola Area High School Reviews
Many teachers carry a passion about the subject they teach and can really relate to kids and guide kids through their courses, while on the other hand there is some that do not understand how to help their students. The female sports tend to lead better than any of the male sporting events. This is a very average school not a lot of diversity between kids:
I would go here again in a heartbeat! I think it is very close-knit which is hard to find in a school anymore. I loved being involved in the music and theatre programs here, they were very fun and shaped me into the person I am today. I also think that the teachers were always pretty cool. I loved high school here.
Our school has great teachers and a descent amount of course choices. More courses are being added each year. I wish some of them would have been available when I was entering high school. Our school's weak area is discipline. Discipline isn't always consistent with everyone.