Philip High School is an above average, public school located in Philip, SD. It has 94 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1.
Philip High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B17 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-13 Students
- B6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B5 Students
- B4 Students
- B-4 Students
- A-4 Students
- A4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Philip High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Philip High School Reviews
It is a good school with an exceptional education, but the people in my class are bullies and no one does anything about it. It is really frustrating because the people in sports who have parents that will go in to the coach or principle and yell at them because their child isn't playing, are the people that get to start, even though they aren't very good. I love the teachers and the education, I just don't like the people and sports. I usually cheer for the other teams at games because the people on the court/field/track, don't deserve to win.
Philip is one of the best schools in South Dakota. Everyone there is friendly and accepting to new kids. Sure there are the groups kids are in, but everyone talks to each other and is kind to each other otherwise. Philip expects their kids to strive for higher grades by having a higher grading system, and every kid there works hard.
Philip High School is one of the most academic inclined schools in the state of South Dakota. We have great teachers that make it very easy to learn and help prepare for the future. Our school has been named a distinguished school district for multiple years and many of the students are ready for college when they graduate. Our sports also stand out upon many others in South Dakota. Our football team has made the playoffs the last four years and made it to the semifinals in 2014; also have had a handful of All-State athletes. The volleyball team has made it to the district championship the past several years and last year they were fortunate enough to make it to the State Tournament (7th place).