Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Philip Barbour High School is a public school located in Philippi, WV. It has 631 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-162 Students
- C+139 Students
- C97 Students
- B-83 Students
- B-80 Students
- B-74 Students
- C-43 Students
- C+30 Students
- C28 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Philip Barbour High School Reviews
Philip Barbour was a great school when I first got here. I'm not sure if it was because it was just new to me and I liked the change, or if my school has changed this drastically. Philip Barbour now is really falling apart. Our administration needs a change. Teachers that are involved here are great, but there are some that just do not want to teach or be helpful at all. This is unfortunate because Philip Barbour can have so much potential. Our sports are good, but teachers are failing our education terribly.
What are some of the things I like the most about Philip Barbour? Philip Barbour has some positive things, like you are able to play sports as long as you have the grades, you are able to take votec classes that can help you with your career later on in life. When you take these classes in the votec you get randomly drug tested and if you pass your random drug test than you get a certificate that can help you get a job because you have prof that you are capable of passing a random drug test. Philip Barbour is a good school because you have many opportunities to take classes like act prep and they have websites like khan academy that will hep you get better scores on you act and sat. The school made a care class that you attend every Tuesday and Thursday where you work on khan academy to improve your learning skills. These a just a few reasons why Philip Barbour is a good school.
It's not a bad school for one found in the area. In fact, it's probably getting better. In the 2019-2020 year, robotics, piano, and a physics class were introduced. The physics class will be weighted in the future. I mainly enjoyed the relationships I built with the teachers and the student body for the four years that I'm wrapping up there.