Philadelphia High School is a public school located in Philadelphia, MS. It has 299 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Philadelphia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A53 Students
- A-37 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Philadelphia High School Reviews
In my beginning years at Philadelphia, everyone was excited to be at the school. I looked forward to going to high school and become one of the athletes that I looked up too. The school's atmosphere was the number one thing students loved about the school. The teachers were caring for the students. As the years progressed, the teacher's attitudes changed which affected the students. Our school went from an A school to a B school. A new principal stepped forward and changed certain traditions at our school. The enthusiasm at Philadelphia lowered tremendously. If we had better educators that were enthusiastic about their students and teaching it will be a better school. I would bring back the old traditions that made Philadelphia as great as it was. Overall I love my school and they have prepared me.
I liked the overall atmosphere at Philadelphia High School. I always felt safe there. There are, however, problems with the education. Most teachers would not teach or just did not care about the students education. The good teachers would eventually leave the school.
The school had some very good teachers, some not so good teachers. The language, history and mathematics departments were pretty strong. The english, and sciences department could be better.