Pflugerville High School Reviews

I loved the support I had from all staff through out all 4 years i attended there. Graduating earlier this year in June of 2018 I walked away set up for success as I go off to college with credits and knowledge that i gained from Pflugerville High School.
I'm senior at pflugerville high school. I can't tell that pflugerville hs is a perfect school because it not,however, it is very good school if you want diversity, friendly students and teachers.(not all the teacher are good). So, why is not a perfect school ,Honestly, it is the teachers. Some of teacher literarly don't teach anything, you are by your own. But as I said not all the teacher. Most of them are really good.
I went to Pflugerville high all 4 years! Some of my best memories come out of this place. The staff are all kind,generous people trying to help further our futures. Academics wise we had some of the best out of this school because of their hard work and the excellent staff. This school is very diverse we have many different cultures here blending together to become one. I believe this is the best school to go not because i went there because its really great!
Start Your Review of Pflugerville High School
I grew up in Pflugerville, coming from south Austin, and parents by way of Clarksville TN and it was an adjustment but easy one. Everyone in town was friendly and that flowed through to the schools. The teachers and coaches actually cared about our success and helped many students. If they could improve somewhere I would like them to add trade programs and more hands on experiences so the students can earn their degrees as well as a trade.
Overall it was pretty boring but then again it’s school, it’s not expected to be all fun. Wouldn’t change a thing though.
I wish my school would prepare us more for college & the real world. I wish they would not enforce Dress code as much as they do. I wish they wouldn’t be so strict on attendance, students are entitled to a bad day and I feel like they make it as if you don’t go to school because of whatever reason then you’re in trouble for attendance.
Pflugerville High School has prepared me to succeed in college. The AP program and teachers here are amazing. The teachers are usually willing to stay late into the evening or come early in the morning to make sure that you understand the information. The CTE program has great teachers. Mr. Taylor, Mr. Arellano, and Mr. Toporek have been very influential in my decision on my college major and future career. Be sure to join the Business Professionals of America.
I graduated Pflugerville High School in 2013 and my experience was great for preparing for college. The food wasn't always great but there was a good selection of food off campus.
The school building is old and the bathrooms aren’t the nicest. But the teachers are overall great. Our school is very diverse and has a combination of plenty of options.
My experience at Pflugerville was honestly I believe one of the better high school experiences one could ask for. There are people from all sorts of backgrounds yet the environment is not judgmental towards any group; the students embrace it. Most of the staff are Pflugerville High School graduates therefore you can tell they understand what the students must be feeling and genuinely care about helping them, not just academically but with their personal problems as well. While not the wealthiest or newest school, Pflugerville manages to care for all their students, staff, and cleanliness of the school. If I could change something about Pflugerville it would definitely be to put more of an emphasis on the areas in school not involving sports or athletics. I believe if less attention and money went into that aspect of school that Pflugerville could be more successful in other smaller areas such as new classroom equipment, as well as funding of other clubs such as theatre or band.
Pflugerville High School is very diverse and has a lot of very solid teachers. However, they cater to their sports more than the arts to a noticable sad degree. They also depend more on general policy than individual help. It is a very safe campus. I wish there were more rescourses for college readiness that were obviously available as opposed to resources you can find if you hunt and search for it. But the teachers and principals are awesome.
My experience with Pflugerville High School is something I wouldn't forget. This school makes sure that once you enroll with you will be successful. The staff are so helpful, the school environment is pretty nice. Pflugerville high school takes their safety really seriously and that's something I like about this school.
It's a good school if you want to challenge yourself academically. We have a lot of school spirits around here. Teachers are friendly and welcoming.
p.s cafeteria food isn't that bad.
I like how diverse our school is. There's a lot of different types of people and there's no real prominent cliques or groups. Everyone does their own thing.
It’s very diverse in many areas, I have had some of the most amazing teachers and I’ve also had some of the most average ones. The environment was safe and there was never a time I felt in danger but there have been many fights. But I can say that we are a very open school, especially when it comes to being lgbt we don’t really see any issues with that, not that I’ve seen. Overall we are a pretty open and diverse school, and academically pretty strong, although we are a little on the poor side.
The diversity of the student body at Pflugerville High School is unlike any other in the district. There are students with ethnic backgrounds that range from Caucasian, to Turkish, to Nigerian, to Laos. Because of this, it creates an environment that makes you feel accepted and welcomed no matter who you are, what you do, or what you believe in. Throughout my years at PHS, I never felt as if I had to change or conform to the "norm." However, one thing I would want to see change is the how the school spends its money. PHS is one of the oldest schools in the district. I think focusing more on new books and necessary renovations to the school would be best.
I love Pflugerville high school because there is so much diversity, everyone is accepting of everyone's unique differences. Pflugerville is a no judge zone for sure! I've had plenty of opportunities because of PHS and the amazing staff. I can definitely say Pflugerville high school has done a great job in helping students as myself to find our true passions and motivated us to stay positive and reach for the stars!
Start Your Review of Pflugerville High School
Overall, Pflugerville High School is a very inviting place. We are an extremely diverse high school that seems to be absent of any racial lines. As far as academics, PHS has consistently maintained an extremely high AP average and has won AP Honor roll multiple years in a row, making PHS one of the top AP schools in the nations. The teachers are very engaging, doing lots of interactive learning activities and we have some of the top AP teachers in the nation. PHS also has many long running traditions that are deep within the culture of PHS such as PTV fridays, pep rallies, and PCrew.
The teaching staff is excellent. They keep you engaged and interested. The course curriculum is diverse. There's something for everyone. I particularly enjoyed my time in all the the science options and will pursue an education in physics as a result of the excellent science department and staff. I was also afforded an opportunity to participate in a variety of elective classes. The facilities are fantastic. For a large school, it still fairly easy to navigate between classes. The food on the other hand could use some improvement. I guess that could be said for most school cafeterias.
I have had wonderful experiences at my high school. I love my teachers and the open-minded community. We have great AP preparation and are encouraged by the administration. There are, however, some social prejudices among students, but the faculty works diligently to prevent discrimination or ostracism. PHS has a very welcoming energy and is a really nice place to spend these four years.