Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Pewitt High School is an above average, public school located in Omaha, TX. It has 238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Pewitt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- B25 Students
- C24 Students
- B23 Students
- A20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Pewitt High School
- BMount Pleasant High School
- Mount Pleasant Independent School District, TX
- 160 reviews
- B+Hughes Springs High School
- Hughes Springs Independent School District, TX
- 26 reviews
- C+Daingerfield High School
- Daingerfield-Lone Star Independent School District, TX
- 36 reviews
- B-James Bowie High School
- Simms Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
Pewitt High School Reviews
Paul Pewitt High School is a prime example of an exceptionally-operating establishment, providing a disciplined education. Pewitt is extremely enveloped in serving in the community and stands as the primary sight with the Omaha-Naples area. The school certainly has a family atmosphere where every student and teacher has a rather close relationship. The academics and athletics program are both on the rise, seeing test scores and athletic competition increase in success. Both the academic and extra-curricular are thriving at Pewitt High, seeing true success in the endeavors of student, teachers, and coaches. I have high regard.
Pewitt highschool is one of the best high schools in our district, in sports and academics. Our community is tight knit and your friends feel like family. As a senior it has been a little tough these past few months but our school and principal have worked together to give us as much as they can plus a graduation. Something that other school districts could not guarantee. Instead of canceling or making it online our school waited it out and is giving us the one thing that we thought wasn't going to happen. I would send my kids to this school and I can proudly say that I am glad to be a Paul Pewitt graduate
The thing i liked the most about Pewitt is our community. We have such a great community and it shows at our football games. Our education is on its way to getting better since we got our new principal. Our new principal is very laid back and cool, we don't have any strict rules. The thing we do struggle most with is our discipline. Pewitt has a habit of disciplining the kids unequally for no reason they just get to decide what the punishment is. I think we need to have set rules for our discipline and maybe that would calm down all the kids still acting the way the do. For example a kid can get in a fight and only get three days of ISS, but a kid that just wears holy jeans gets sent home and wrote up. Overall I've had a great time here and have learned a lot, we have many new courses available now and were getting back to the way we use to be.