Pewitt High School is an above average, public school located in Omaha, TX. It has 270 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pewitt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+25 Students
- B24 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+18 Students
- C+16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+14 Students
- A13 Students
- B13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Pewitt High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Pewitt High School
- BMount Pleasant High School
- Mount Pleasant Independent School District, TX
- 152 reviews
- B+Hughes Springs High School
- Hughes Springs Independent School District, TX
- 24 reviews
- BDaingerfield High School
- Daingerfield-Lone Star Independent School District, TX
- 34 reviews
- B-James Bowie High School
- Simms Independent School District, TX
- 55 reviews
Pewitt High School Reviews
The strong hold of community and family is what makes Pewitt HS great! I love how grades 9-12 know each person, if not by their names, than definitely by their faces. There are no strangers!
Paul Pewitt is a very open school. The faculty/staff are very down to earth people that make your day ten times better. There is discipline; however, it's a great thing, in order to keep us in line. If I could change one thing about our school, it would have to be the support system. Everyone who attends the school in the community should take pride in where they go. If we support each other, that would lifdt everyone up.
It is a very small school with a caring staff for individual needs. Everyone here is known within the community and is helpful in and out of school. If I had to see anything in this school be changed it would be to add more options for classes. The school is small and doesn't have many classes to offer so I would try to have more classes added for kids approaching different careers.