Pewaukee High School is a top rated, public school located in Pewaukee, WI. It has 841 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Pewaukee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+155 Students
- B+93 Students
- A+74 Students
- A-50 Students
- B+45 Students
- A-42 Students
- B38 Students
- B33 Students
- B+30 Students
- A20 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Pewaukee High School
- AHamilton High School
- Hamilton School District, WI
- 204 reviews
- AKettle Moraine High School
- Kettle Moraine School District, WI
- 201 reviews
- A+Greendale High School
- Greendale School District, WI
- 188 reviews
- AMenomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls School District, WI
- 232 reviews
Pewaukee High School Reviews
At Pewaukee High School, we are able to grow academically and personally. The classes give me the ability to learn as much as I can as well as explore content that will help me with my future. The friendly staff create an environment that feels safe and makes it so I can approach them with issues. The clubs and sports at Pewaukee are exciting and assist students in finding a career or hobby related to this activity. What I would like to see change at Pewaukee though is for teachers to have more passion for what they are doing because I feel that when the teachers aren’t excited for what they are doing, it effects the students and makes them not care about what they are doing. Also, the Academic Career Planning meetings that Pewaukee has are not as effective as they can be. Instead of them helping us plan for our futures, they are making me feel pressured that I should have a career and college picked out right at that very second.
What I really enjoyed about Pewaukee High School throughout the four years I've been here has been the academic quality. Our class offers a variety of classes that are useful for college, and that students actually enjoy and spark their interest. Our teachers are awesome and really know what the material they are teaching, along with providing new techniques guided towards our different learning methods as students. Not only does our school provide opportunities during school hours, Pewaukee is very good at providing out of school activities that relate to student's career choice. For example, our school provides a CNA program through a local college, as well as a firefighter/ EMT program. I would highly suggest Pewaukee High School to an incoming freshman because of the college readiness it provides.
Pewaukee is a great school that involves its community greatly. As some may know, Pewaukee is a small suburb town. This, however, doesn't stop Pewaukee from being one big community. Have gone to the district since kindergarten and graduating my senior year, I have seen how big the small community is. Homecoming parades are massive, football and basketball games bring in enough fans to fill the stands. The support from the community makes the experience at the High School even better. Given the fact that everyone knows everyone because almost all of us have gone to school together since we started, it's easy to succeed because of the huge support everyone has for one another. Overall, Pewaukee High School is one of the best high schools ever. Not only because I am a proud alum, but because there's great education opportunities the school provides for its students.